The Student Room Group

AQA A level Psychology

Hi , can someone give me one similarity between cognitive and biological approaches?.
Reply 1
Hi, one could maybe be that both approaches are deterministic (however, they are deterministic in different ways, cognitive is more soft determinism whereas biological focuses on behaviour being determined by biological processes and structures). This is somewhat a difference and similarity in one but I hope it helps anyway!
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by charlotte2023!
Hi , can someone give me one similarity between cognitive and biological approaches?.

Hello. I think both of them tend to focus on the internal factors that affect behaviour rather than external and they're both deterministic in the sense that people can't choose how they behave, their cognitive and biological characteristics, features and activities determine it for them. Hope this is helpful 🦋
Original post by Tehillah.M
Hello. I think both of them tend to focus on the internal factors that affect behaviour rather than external and they're both deterministic in the sense that people can't choose how they behave, their cognitive and biological characteristics, features and activities determine it for them. Hope this is helpful 🦋

Thank you for the reply, this did help I thought the same and I just wanted to see if I had the correct idea. 🙂
Original post by ashears7
Hi, one could maybe be that both approaches are deterministic (however, they are deterministic in different ways, cognitive is more soft determinism whereas biological focuses on behaviour being determined by biological processes and structures). This is somewhat a difference and similarity in one but I hope it helps anyway!

thank you :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by charlotte2023!

Thank you for the reply, this did help I thought the same and I just wanted to see if I had the correct idea. 🙂

You're very welcome.
Hi, can anyone help?
question:A study was carried out by a health authority into memory confusions in people over 80. They found that many people had a problem with short-term memory but that they had good episodic memory.
a. Explain the consequence of this to everyday life, using the multi-store model of memory (6m)
b. Describe how the health authority might have obtained the people for their sample. (2m)
Explain one ethical issue that the health authority will need to consider in this study.3 marks
thank you 😄

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending