The Student Room Group

Engine light stays on

Hi guys,

I have my own car and will be taking the driving test in it in a weeks time and the engine warning light stays on and doesn’t come off, however the car runs find and there is no serious problems with the engine as it recently passed the mot.

I have read online on the DVLA site and their requirements are for no warning lights to be displayed during the test.

It should be okay, If anyone could share their experiences regarding this or some help would be much appreciated.
Thank you
Not allowed. Not being rude but without quite a lot of digging and expertise you don't know why the light is on, and MOT checks don't cover your engine beyond the same check for warning lights and your emissions.
Original post by Ethan2487
Hi guys,

I have my own car and will be taking the driving test in it in a weeks time and the engine warning light stays on and doesn’t come off, however the car runs find and there is no serious problems with the engine as it recently passed the mot.

I have read online on the DVLA site and their requirements are for no warning lights to be displayed during the test.

It should be okay, If anyone could share their experiences regarding this or some help would be much appreciated.
Thank you

If you to turn up in your own car and there are any warning lights showing (including the engine warning light) then your test will be cancelled and you’ll have to pay again. Their web site makes this very clear.

Either fix the issue or arrange to use a different car.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending