The Student Room Group

GCSE Engineering ideas?

I'm doing GCSE engineering NEA and I have no clue what to make, it has to have both mechanical and electronic components, here are the possible choices I've been given:

1. Engineer a prototype device that would retrieve an object that the user could not reach or hold without the device

2. Engineer a prototype device that would aid memory and support cognitive thinking

3. Engineer a device or system that would help someone be more active when living independently

If you have any ideas please tell them to me, just make them simple. I cant really make a rocket powered wheel chair at my school, I only have two months.
Original post by Void_is_me
I'm doing GCSE engineering NEA and I have no clue what to make, it has to have both mechanical and electronic components, here are the possible choices I've been given:

1. Engineer a prototype device that would retrieve an object that the user could not reach or hold without the device

2. Engineer a prototype device that would aid memory and support cognitive thinking

3. Engineer a device or system that would help someone be more active when living independently

If you have any ideas please tell them to me, just make them simple. I cant really make a rocket powered wheel chair at my school, I only have two months.
Hey I am doing the exact same course atm and I've made a memory game with a motor, LEDs and switches. other people have made pill dispensers as well
Original post by Void_is_me

Hey there ,
If you're willing to purchase an Arduino set from amazon you could make a memory circuit with lights and buttons on it. If you put in the time you can learn how to code with Arduino online , its doable.
You can program the lights to switch on one by one in a random sequence then the user would press the buttons in the same order if its correct then the buzzer will go off and if not the buzzer won't .
All the basic components can be found on amazon along with a bread board and you can self teach how to code .
I was lucky enough to do some work with Arduino in my first year classes and in the electronics club and it's almost limitless the kind of things you can do with a little bit of creativity and the internet to learn just about any code.
I hope this helps.
Cece
Energy Engineering Student
De Montfort University

Quick Reply

Latest