The Student Room Group

Urine problems

Is it normal to occasionally struggle to empty your bladder? It's only happened 3x in the last few months but its when I get up in the morning and I feel like I need to go but I can't start the flow for 5 minutes sometimes longer?
Reply 1
Sometimes the pressure about having to do it can mentally stop you emptying your bladder. Also not everyone has the need to go and pee in first thing in the morning. It doesnt sound very often when it happens 3 in the past few months, but if it becomes more frequent then have a word with the doctors. It could well be psychological and your 'brain' is stopping you pee as you are thinking about it too much and you are tensing your muscles stopping the flow.
ps im not a nurse so if anyone else is a nurse that works in that field please jump in, but I do work for a urology supplier.
Reply 2
I would suggest speaking to you GP
Reply 3
Apply intensity to your lower midsection (beneath your tummy button or more the pubic bone). This is where the bladder sits. The intensity loosens up muscles and helps pee. Knead or apply light strain over your bladder to assist the bladder with discharging

Quick Reply

Latest