The Student Room Group

Pregnancy/ Symptoms

I was ovulating on Wednesday that has just gone and had unprotected sex. It’s now Sunday and I feel more drained and have mild cramping. But it’s only 4DPO. Is this normal or can implementation happen that quick/ do symptoms indicate possible implantation???
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I was ovulating on Wednesday that has just gone and had unprotected sex. It’s now Sunday and I feel more drained and have mild cramping. But it’s only 4DPO. Is this normal or can implementation happen that quick/ do symptoms indicate possible implantation???

Some females notice pregnancy symptoms even 1 week after sex. While others do not notice pregnancy symptoms until a few months of their pregnancy. Symptoms of pregnancy include nausea, morning sickness, headaches, a missed period, fatigue, sore or enlarged breasts, frequent urination, and so on.

First thing you need to do is a pregnancy test as you can do one after 7 days .
If you still unsure about things make a appointment with your GP or practice nurse/ midwife and discuss it with them.
Reply 2
Original post by Tracey_W
Some females notice pregnancy symptoms even 1 week after sex. While others do not notice pregnancy symptoms until a few months of their pregnancy. Symptoms of pregnancy include nausea, morning sickness, headaches, a missed period, fatigue, sore or enlarged breasts, frequent urination, and so on.

First thing you need to do is a pregnancy test as you can do one after 7 days .
If you still unsure about things make an appointment with your GP or practice nurse/ midwife and discuss it with them.

Thank you so so much. This is very helpful. I’m just so impatient lol. My partner and I have been trying to conceive for a while now and this is the first time I have had cramping A few days after. Will take a test later on like you say. But thank you for your reply. I really do appreciate it x
Reply 3
Thank you so so much. This is very helpful. I’m just so impatient lol. My partner and I have been trying to conceive for a while now and this is the first time I have had cramping A few days after. Will take a test later on like you say. But thank you for your reply. I really do appreciate it x

You are welcome 🤗

A lot of people are inpatient but understandable why you are okay.

Best thing to do is get your ovation days right and then have sex on those particular days and hopefully you will eventually get pregnant.. work out your date's and the likelihood of you getting pregnant ok.

The only way to find out is doing a pregnancy test each month until you get the good news you are looking for.
Reply 4
You are welcome 🤗

A lot of people are inpatient but understandable why you are okay.

Best thing to do is get your ovation days right and then have sex on those particular days and hopefully you will eventually get pregnant.. work out your date's and the likelihood of you getting pregnant ok.

The only way to find out is doing a pregnancy test each month until you get the good news you are looking for.

Thank you so much. I am a day late on my period so keeping fingers crossed. Insomnia has been awful. But the I’m also soooooo tired at the same time. Hungry all the time and I was vomiting soooo bad the other day although that’s stopped now. Just keeping my fingers crossed and praying. I hope this one is the one but if not then maybe next time x
Reply 5
Thank you so much. I am a day late on my period so keeping fingers crossed. Insomnia has been awful. But the I’m also soooooo tired at the same time. Hungry all the time and I was vomiting soooo bad the other day although that’s stopped now. Just keeping my fingers crossed and praying. I hope this one is the one but if not then maybe next time x

No worries ☺️☺️
Thanks for updating me.

Although you are a day late with your periods doesn't mean you are pregnant as you'll know that periods can come late as well as being regular.
But hopefully you'll get good news if you just take a pregnancy test ( buy the cheapest testing kits okay as they are accurate as the most expensive ones) .

Vomiting can be some sort of morning sickness if you are pregnant but again could be a tummy bug but you not going to know untill you do a pregnancy test and hopefully it's positive for you.

At the end of the day you just keep trying until you get a positive test result and then get in touch with your GP and GP practice midwife and let them look after you.

And I'm a NHS registered midwife.
Reply 6
No worries ☺️☺️
Thanks for updating me.

Although you are a day late with your periods doesn't mean you are pregnant as you'll know that periods can come late as well as being regular.
But hopefully you'll get good news if you just take a pregnancy test ( buy the cheapest testing kits okay as they are accurate as the most expensive ones) .

Vomiting can be some sort of morning sickness if you are pregnant but again could be a tummy bug but you not going to know untill you do a pregnancy test and hopefully it's positive for you.

At the end of the day you just keep trying until you get a positive test result and then get in touch with your GP and GP practice midwife and let them look after you.

And I'm a NHS registered midwife.

I did some tests yesterday and they were faint positive but you could definitely see the two lines. So did more today and they where positive again so went to the shop to get a digital and it also came back positive.
Pregnant 1-2. I’m literally over the moon. Finally I’m having a baby!! After so long. I literally can’t believe it. Still doesn’t feel real tbh. Is that a normal response?
Reply 7
I did some tests yesterday and they were faint positive but you could definitely see the two lines. So did more today and they where positive again so went to the shop to get a digital and it also came back positive.
Pregnant 1-2. I’m literally over the moon. Finally I’m having a baby!! After so long. I literally can’t believe it. Still doesn’t feel real tbh. Is that a normal response?

Hi there 🤗

So you got faint positive line.
So going on this information then it looks like you are pregnant with the amount of tests you have done.

Congratulations on your baby 🍼🍼🍼 news and hopefully everything goes well for you.

I would perhaps make a appointment for your GP and tell them that you think you are pregnant and they will ask few questions and do a test ( make sure you take a urine sample along with you to GP appointment for them to check it) then afterwards you'll be asked to make appointments for your GP surgery midwife who'll talk you through everything until your baby is born.

Absolutely normal response being over the moon and delighted about becoming a mummy.
Reply 8
Hi there 🤗

So you got faint positive line.
So going on this information then it looks like you are pregnant with the amount of tests you have done.

Congratulations on your baby 🍼🍼🍼 news and hopefully everything goes well for you.

I would perhaps make a appointment for your GP and tell them that you think you are pregnant and they will ask few questions and do a test ( make sure you take a urine sample along with you to GP appointment for them to check it) then afterwards you'll be asked to make appointments for your GP surgery midwife who'll talk you through everything until your baby is born.

Absolutely normal response being over the moon and delighted about becoming a mummy.

So I have taken time to process things but I unfortunately had a miscarriage. I had a bleed which I thought was ok but when a clot passed I went to an and e. They did a blood test and said my HCG was low so they would say it was a negative result. I got positive tests for about two days after that until ï eventually got the negative test. I am heart broken because I have been trying for so long. Just hope that next time I’ll get my rainbow baby 🥺
Reply 9
So I have taken time to process things but I unfortunately had a miscarriage. I had a bleed which I thought was ok but when a clot passed I went to an and e. They did a blood test and said my HCG was low so they would say it was a negative result. I got positive tests for about two days after that until ï eventually got the negative test. I am heart broken because I have been trying for so long. Just hope that next time I’ll get my rainbow baby 🥺

Hi there

Sorry to hear that you miscarriage.
This is something that is totally out of your control okay and don't beat yourself up over it.

Just keep trying but give it about 6 - 8 weeks before trying again.

Keep me posted on how you get on ok. 😀
Reply 10
Hi there

Sorry to hear that you miscarriage.
This is something that is totally out of your control okay and don't beat yourself up over it.

Just keep trying but give it about 6 - 8 weeks before trying again.

Keep me posted on how you get on ok. 😀

Thank you so much. Your comment means the world to me.
It’s hard to not blame myself you know. Like I over think everything to see if that’s what caused the miscarriage.

My partner and I are having some relationship problems because we are both just super drained by it all but we definitely will be trying again in the future. Just got to work on the relationship and get that to a stable place first.

I will definitely keep you posted. I think that if we are unsuccessful in conceiving again then we will both see a doctor and talk about options but it’s definitely draining on both sides.
Reply 11
Thank you so much. Your comment means the world to me.
It’s hard to not blame myself you know. Like I over think everything to see if that’s what caused the miscarriage.

My partner and I are having some relationship problems because we are both just super drained by it all but we definitely will be trying again in the future. Just got to work on the relationship and get that to a stable place first.

I will definitely keep you posted. I think that if we are unsuccessful in conceiving again then we will both see a doctor and talk about options but it’s definitely draining on both sides.

Hi
You are welcome 🤗🤗🤗 there's no need to blame yourself okay because it's not your fault just remember that.
Unfortunately overthinking things won't give you the answers why it happened because it's how things goes.

You will be a bit exhausted with everyone you both been through.

You'll both have to sit down and talk everything over and sort yourselves out before you think about trying for a baby 🐥🍼. It takes time to get over what you just been through and when you are ready to try for a baby then make sure you are both welled prepared.

Once you think you are pregnant then do a pregnancy test and then seek medical advice first your GP if you have a positive result and then they will put you on to the hands of the community practice midwife who'll look after you throughout your pregnancy upto the birth unless you having a home birth so therefore your community practice midwife will deal with things.

You'll not be alone in this situation as thousands of others have gone through the same thing as yous.

You can always PM message me anytime okay.

Quick Reply

Latest