The Student Room Group

a level maths exam (year 12)

i have a maths exam tmr the day we get back to school and have procrastinated so much and just started revising and am now realising how much i don't know. i usually don't procrastinate this bad but the two week break got to me and now im starting to feel really anxious about this test. it's on pure chap 1-6 and 9-11. can someone give advice on what to do as i'm really stuck its already 7pm.
Original post by dilsheen
i have a maths exam tmr the day we get back to school and have procrastinated so much and just started revising and am now realising how much i don't know. i usually don't procrastinate this bad but the two week break got to me and now im starting to feel really anxious about this test. it's on pure chap 1-6 and 9-11. can someone give advice on what to do as i'm really stuck its already 7pm.

Realistically, there's nothing that you can do now. It's too late. All you can so is use this as a learning experience, which will hopefully teach you not to leave things so late next time.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Realistically, there's nothing that you can do now. It's too late. All you can so is use this as a learning experience, which will hopefully teach you not to leave things so late next time.

Damn way to be harsh. I kinda agree, take this as a learning chance. But also understand everyone makes mistakes! I would recommend doing as many past paper questions you can. Go to bed at a decent time, get at the very least 7 hours. Im not joking sleep is better. Wake up a bit earlier if you can and do some more revision. Everything is going to be okay! Try not to stress too much about it, you will always have other opportunities.
Reply 3
Original post by kevanss
Damn way to be harsh. I kinda agree, take this as a learning chance. But also understand everyone makes mistakes! I would recommend doing as many past paper questions you can. Go to bed at a decent time, get at the very least 7 hours. Im not joking sleep is better. Wake up a bit earlier if you can and do some more revision. Everything is going to be okay! Try not to stress too much about it, you will always have other opportunities.

thank you so much lol <33 im defo gonna learn from this and not leave it to last min
Original post by DataVenia

Gotta agree with kevanss, yeah she should learn from this but there's no need to be so direct and make her even more worried. She's still got time to revise. Plus dilsheen you're being tested on what you've been learning in class, and I doubt that you know nothing, so don't panic, just look over any chapters you find especially difficult and try doing some questions, I'm sure you'll do well!

Quick Reply

Latest