The Student Room Group

She (f22) text me (m24) happy birthday

Hi, i was chatting to this girl for a good months and went on a few dates with her last year. We initially spoke for 3 weeks and went on a date but she had only just got out of a relationship and ultimately just wanted to be single for a bit and focus on herself. It hurt but I just respected her opinion as I thought she didn’t like me like that. A week later she text me again and we got talking again for 2/3 months before i asked where do i stand. Again i got i’m not ready and don’t want to hurt you… this really hurt me as i did have feelings for her and thought it was a bit *****y from her to lead me on for 3 months. This was in october and haven’t really spoke since. My birthday was today and I did get a text from her saying ‘happy birthday! I hope you have a good day x’. I didn’t see the message until like an hour later where i just replied ‘thank you! x’

Would she have text hoping that we get chatting again or am i thinking too much into it? It’s probably not something i would have done unless i wanted her to speak to me as we aren’t exactly friends, it’s a failed talking stage.

What are your thoughts
Reply 1
How did she lead you on when she got in contact again? Why didn't you ask sooner what her intentions were?

I think the birthday message was her just being friendly. There's no animosity on her side.
Reply 2
I think it’s likely she’s only interested in friendship. I would leave the ball in her court to say if she wants anything more

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending