The Student Room Group

Geography NEA help !!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by twotreatises
The RGS website has a whole website on how to write your NEA divided into different sections. Very useful, I highly recommend you have a look.

Also I split mine into:
Type (qualitative or quantitative),
Justification (why is this appropriate, how does this help answer your hypothesis)
Method (give a detailed account on how you collected the data and frequency. e.g. "I searched {blank} on Google" and I used "{blank} website})
Pros, Cons (Evaluation marks as you need to evaluate all the way through your NEA for higher marks. speak on things such as limitations such as personal biases, the reliability of the website/source e.t.c).

I hope this helps. Any other questions I'm happy to help.
(Make sure to split into two clearly labelled sections - Secondary and Primary data as you get marks for neat layouts and clear titles/sub-titles)

What is the number of sources you should have and include in quotes etc
Original post by ilovelemons
What is the number of sources you should have and include in quotes etc

I wouldn’t say there is a set number. What is more important is the diversity of your sources. You want to have qualitative, quantitative, secondary and primary sources.
Original post by greentiger
added your snap now !! mines freyja so you don’t think i’m a randomer

Which exam board is yours ? How many words was your NEA ? Guide for OCR is 3000 to 4000 but seems many students do 10,000 plus ? Thank you
Original post by ilovelemons
Which exam board is yours ? How many words was your NEA ? Guide for OCR is 3000 to 4000 but seems many students do 10,000 plus ? Thank you

edexcel, our guide was about the same as yours but majority of people wrote 8-15k words, it all depends how much you feel you need to write as I ended up doing 13k in total or close to as it felt impossible to tick all the criteria boxes in that small frame of words
Original post by greentiger
edexcel, our guide was about the same as yours but majority of people wrote 8-15k words, it all depends how much you feel you need to write as I ended up doing 13k in total or close to as it felt impossible to tick all the criteria boxes in that small frame of words

Thanks for replying, seen a few comments from previous years some say you can lose marks. Others say they did 16,000 and got full marks. I’m a parent slightly perplexed why teachers don’t at least give an indication

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending