The Student Room Group

Applying to Biology Degree

I dropped out of my history and economics course to switch to biology. I didn't know or plan ahead with this so I didn't pick chemistry. I did maths however I got a B and the unis such as bristol and manchester require atleast 2As in sciences
I did four a levels and I wished I spent more effort getting an A maths than history and art as it has limited my options.
I did however get an A in biology but it's not enough for those unis.
I also didn't get into any relevant work experience and im wondering if this would also limit my chances in my application
Sometimes universities will have some flexibility. Have you spoken to the universities that you’re interested in?

Did you try to switch course at the university you were attending before you dropped out?

How are you getting on with filling in a new ucas application?
Reply 2
Original post by Zyan265
I dropped out of my history and economics course to switch to biology. I didn't know or plan ahead with this so I didn't pick chemistry. I did maths however I got a B and the unis such as bristol and manchester require atleast 2As in sciences
I did four a levels and I wished I spent more effort getting an A maths than history and art as it has limited my options.
I also didn't get into any relevant work experience and im wondering if this would also limit my chances in my application

Have you looked at York.They want AAB and would accept your maths B as the second science.Brilliant Biology Dept .Son had it as his insurance after Oxford and did his Masters there.Friend did Biology at Bristol and went to York for PhD.Highly recommend.
Reply 3
Original post by Zyan265

Re work experience you can make up for this by displaying other things which display your passion for Biology.I presume you have some.

Quick Reply

Latest