The Student Room Group

A level politic revision

If I do every single past paper question, will I get to a point where the questions in the real exams are just the same as the ones I've already seen in past papers - but reworded? Or is doing past papers not enough?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by muna.okorie
If I do every single past paper question, will I get to a point where the questions in the real exams are just the same as the ones I've already seen in past papers - but reworded? Or is doing past papers not enough?

Past papers are great practice and I do think you should use them to guide your revision. As far as I'm aware people usually suggest just diving into past papers when you only have a few months left of revision so I think it'd be good to spend a lot of your time doing that. Even though you're developing your timing, writing and knowledge skills at the same time; I think it would also help to spend some of that time using the specification to identify missing knowledge. You should probably spend a lot of your time with past papers and practice questions but you have to account for the rest of the knowledge that isn't tested so you're prepared for any question, instead of just fitting the actual exam question into a format you already prepared for.

Quick Reply

Latest