The Student Room Group

Misalignment on my tsr/ banner page on mobile

Problem Summary
Misalignment on my tsr/ banner page on mobile

Problem Details
Is the Ask button supposed to be below the logo or alongside it on the banner?

On watched threads box on my tsr the “manage” link is aligned to the bottom of the cell instead of centred

Device
Mobile

Browser
Safari

Link

Additional Information
I’ll try to edit to upload a screenshot in a tickIMG_6791.jpeg
(edited 3 months ago)
I think this is to do with the new homepage
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7432319
Original post by agent_duck343
I think this is to do with the new homepage
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7432319

Yes I think it is

I also think it’s a bug which is why I have raised a ticket for it.
Hey @PQ,

Thanks for flagging this - I'll pass it on to the rest of our development team so we can prioritise it against other issues on the site and work to get a fix out as soon as possible. I’ll let you know once that happens! :biggrin:

In the meantime, feel free to reach out if you notice anything else or have more details to share.
Hi @PQ, thanks for raising this. I can confirm the alignment of the Ask button below the logo is correct.

I've made a note of the alignment of the Manage link in the mods tools. To be honest, this isn't something we're likely to be able to prioritise until we look at mod tools later in the year. Are you okay for me to close this thread in the meantime?
Original post by dinosaurchef
Hi @PQ, thanks for raising this. I can confirm the alignment of the Ask button below the logo is correct.

I've made a note of the alignment of the Manage link in the mods tools. To be honest, this isn't something we're likely to be able to prioritise until we look at mod tools later in the year. Are you okay for me to close this thread in the meantime?

Really? That seems like a really odd design - can I somehow opt out of seeing the big Ask button? I have never used it and never will but I can see me accidentally clicking on it quite a bit with it placed where it is - and the layout makes the banner pretty intrusive when I’m on mobile.

The watched threads alignment wasn’t on a mod tool. It was on a feature that’s now been replaced with a new table (that doesn’t work).
Ah okay, thanks for confirming @PQ!

I can see you've already raised a separate issue for the watched threads table. We'll provide updates in that thread.

Unfortunately, we won't be providing customise options on the Ask button but I've noted your feedback on the positioning of it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending