Device
Mobile

Browser
Brave

Link

Additional Information
(edited 3 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Thanks for raising this @Talkative Toad - we'll take a look and see why that's happening.

If you have time and a different browser on your phone (chrome, safari, edge) can you try on that see if you have the same issue?
Original post by dinosaurchef
Thanks for raising this @Talkative Toad - we'll take a look and see why that's happening.

If you have time and a different browser on your phone (chrome, safari, edge) can you try on that see if you have the same issue?

The website seems to be painfully slow for me on Safari but I can check later
Original post by dinosaurchef

Update website is painfully slow on my safari to point where it’s unusable over there on mobile data and the header does seem to collapse
I'm not sure if this is linked but on desktop on mytsr page when I scroll down the banner collapses but hides the buttons....
bannernotcollapsed.png
Scroll down....
bannercollapsed.png

I'm not getting this behaviour on forum pages
Original post by PQ
I'm not sure if this is linked but on desktop on mytsr page when I scroll down the banner collapses but hides the buttons....
bannernotcollapsed.png
Scroll down....
bannercollapsed.png

I'm not getting this behaviour on forum pages

Yeah it sometimes does that for me on mobile but not consistently it seems unless I need to check again.
Test video attachment
The header collapse is WAAAAY too sensitive to scrolling. Makes reading a large post really difficult.

https://www.loom.com/share/c8607787a6924aa6ae44c64e28a77d22?sid=bc91f498-6c6b-4cc5-9644-a70a342bac34

I'm scrolling down, and before my fingers leave my mousepad they clearly must move a fraction up before they lift off the pad. What this means is as I'm scrolling through a long post and I stop to read it, the header re-appears and cuts it off.
@dinosaurchef, please see above. I hope this thread is still connected to the above issue.
Original post by 04MR17
The header collapse is WAAAAY too sensitive to scrolling. Makes reading a large post really difficult.

https://www.loom.com/share/c8607787a6924aa6ae44c64e28a77d22?sid=bc91f498-6c6b-4cc5-9644-a70a342bac34

I'm scrolling down, and before my fingers leave my mousepad they clearly must move a fraction up before they lift off the pad. What this means is as I'm scrolling through a long post and I stop to read it, the header re-appears and cuts it off.

Is this on laptop?
And did get a notification for posts in this thread… right.
Testing this post on safari to how slow this post will be and whether the header collapses properly.

I’d imagine that majority of TSR users (because it’s mostly young people) would be with an iOS device on safari or people with a laptop on chrome so if I can’t get post efficiently on iOS when using mobile data then RIP.
Somewhat good on react, ST2 is eh but that system is dead now

But ads suck (I like ads on app) so ST2 FTW unless I’m on brave.
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Talkative Toad
Is this on laptop?

Yes :yep:
And did get a notification for posts in this thread… right.

Because you have posted a reply to the thread and therefore are watching it.
Original post by 04MR17
Because you have posted a reply to the thread and therefore are watching it.

I was thinking this, so thanks
Original post by 04MR17
Yes :yep:

I part of me wonders what’s the point of having the header collapse on desktop but I pretty much don’t use desktop TSR even if it’s better.

I part of me wonders what’s the point of having the header collapse on desktop but I pretty much don’t use desktop TSR even if it’s better.

Because otherwise it's well over a third of the screen. The video linked above I haven't cropped. That is the full screen size.
Original post by 04MR17
Because otherwise it's well over a third of the screen. The video linked above I haven't cropped. That is the full screen size.

That’s fair enough then
Sorry for the delay in replying to this one guys! So from what I gather, the header only seems to not be collapsing on the Brave browser.

To confirm, it's expected behaviour that the header collapses to hide the menu, search, buttons etc on desktop and mobile. The behaviour is slightly different on the old tech like the forum pages (these will be moved over to the new tech in time).

Thanks for the video @04MR17, that's really helpful. We can take a look at the sensitivity and see if it can be reduced a bit to stop the header disappearing/reappearing so often.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending