The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Can't log in to Banner Self Service

Hi all, I got my password today and did all the steps detailed in the email. Changed password, enabled 2 factor authentication etc. Trouble is, I can't log in to Banner Self Service to start my enrolment. The error message says:

"The signed in user *** is blocked because they are not a direct member of a group with access, nor had access directly assigned by an administrator."

Is this because it's a Sunday and the staff haven't had a chance to confirm my Durham account yet? Or have I messed up somewhere? Thanks.
Hey I'm in exactly the same position, I think it must be that they haven't got round to approving all of the accounts yet. The whole process has been more delayed than I anticipated so I imagine they just have a load to do and haven't got round to it.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hey I'm in exactly the same position, I think it must be that they haven't got round to approving all of the accounts yet. The whole process has been more delayed than I anticipated so I imagine they just have a load to do and haven't got round to it.

Ah, that's unfortunate. I was excited to finally enrol and stop dealing with this administrative stuff lol. Well, I hope they get around to us soon!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi all, I got my password today and did all the steps detailed in the email. Changed password, enabled 2 factor authentication etc. Trouble is, I can't log in to Banner Self Service to start my enrolment. The error message says:

"The signed in user *** is blocked because they are not a direct member of a group with access, nor had access directly assigned by an administrator."

Is this because it's a Sunday and the staff haven't had a chance to confirm my Durham account yet? Or have I messed up somewhere? Thanks.

Hiya

That could be a possible reason but I would suggest that you ring up admissions tomorrow and ask why this is happening :smile:

-Himieka
If anyone is still waiting/wondering, I've just done a live chat with the IT service desk and they've said this: Your account was created on Friday 01/09/23, overnight updates which make the account live and useable only happen on Working days, meaning your account will be useable tomorrow. So anyone who was allocated a college on Thursday I assume will be able to access Banner from tomorrow!
Reply 5
Original post by GiftedDipstick
If anyone is still waiting/wondering, I've just done a live chat with the IT service desk and they've said this: Your account was created on Friday 01/09/23, overnight updates which make the account live and useable only happen on Working days, meaning your account will be useable tomorrow. So anyone who was allocated a college on Thursday I assume will be able to access Banner from tomorrow!

I see, that's great news. Thank you!
Thank you so much for this - I felt like I had tried everything and still couldn't access the banner service. I ended up blocking my pin so I can't access it. IT service desk sent some links to the banner service again to retry on a different device. Is it worth contacting admissions to retrieve my pin?

Quick Reply

Latest