The Student Room Group

William Perkin cofe admissions test

I just sat the entrance exam and icl i flopped so hard 😭 are offers going to be made based off the exam alone or will other factors be taken into account aswell?
Reply 1
Original post by n1sh417a
I just sat the entrance exam and icl i flopped so hard 😭 are offers going to be made based off the exam alone or will other factors be taken into account aswell?

What was in it how was it like
Reply 2
Original post by RUDMA
What was in it how was it like

It was in the skls sixth form IT room and it was an online test, similar to the CAT4 exam. Some sections were harder than others but they were all hard in their own ways, the most annoying thing was the time pressure tbh. Either way I think I did horribly and i don't think I'm going to get an offer so I'm probably going to go to my own secondary school's sixth form which has better stats than wp anyway.
Reply 3
It was in the skls sixth form IT room and it was an online test, similar to the CAT4 exam. Some sections were harder than others but they were all hard in their own ways, the most annoying thing was the time pressure tbh. Either way I think I did horribly and i don't think I'm going to get an offer so I'm probably going to go to my own secondary school's sixth form which has better stats than wp anyway.

Same i did so horrible i had it yesterday
i did kind well on the non timed sections but the timed 1s were pretty bad
i never expected to be tested on some complex aah English when I'm not picking it for a levels as other scls only tested me in my chosen subjects
Reply 4
Original post by RUDMA
i never expected to be tested on some complex aah English when I'm not picking it for a levels as other scls only tested me in my chosen subjects

The way I was counting on wp to escape my strict ahh school ☹️ so many ppl applied so I doubt I'm going to get an offer. Its the way i fumbled the maths section lmaooo its not one of my subject choices asw maths is acc my no1 enemy. I've applied for biology, chemistry and geography wbu?
Reply 5
Original post by RUDMA

Which other sixth forms have u applied to? i wanted to apply for harris westminster but i missed the deadline for it cuz i had my mocks in december, all the other ones ive applied to arent as good as my current skls sixthform (80% get into russell group unis). Oh well it is what it is.
Reply 6
The way I was counting on wp to escape my strict ahh school ☹️ so many ppl applied so I doubt I'm going to get an offer. Its the way i fumbled the maths section lmaooo its not one of my subject choices asw maths is acc my no1 enemy. I've applied for biology, chemistry and geography wbu?

I've applied with Maths FM physics and cs (hardest a levels🥲)
But nah cause I'm acc good at my option subjects having 9s for all 4 but i never expected to have a English test a pattern recognition and that flipping letters thing where it modifies the shape
i highly doubt ill get an offer and just like u I'm tryna leave my *****y school
Reply 7
Which other sixth forms have u applied to? i wanted to apply for harris westminster but i missed the deadline for it cuz i had my mocks in december, all the other ones ive applied to arent as good as my current skls sixthform (80% get into russell group unis). Oh well it is what it is.

i applied to lae, Central foundation , harries Westminster , St Dominic's ,Woodhouse, Brampton manor , Michela and then my own school
idk why i applied to so many schools cause icl I'm not tryna travel hour+ one way daily
wbu where'd u apply to
also if u don't mind me asking what's your current 6th form 😁
Reply 8
Original post by RUDMA
i applied to lae, Central foundation , harries Westminster , St Dominic's ,Woodhouse, Brampton manor , Michela and then my own school
idk why i applied to so many schools cause icl I'm not tryna travel hour+ one way daily
wbu where'd u apply to
also if u don't mind me asking what's your current 6th form 😁

I currently go to Michaela, and i've applied to cardinal wiseman, st doms, pinner high, wp and Michaela. I didnt apply to many skls cuz william perkin and michaela were my top 2, if i didnt live as far from michaela i probs would go here for sixth form, it has such good results and is alllooooooottt more chill than the lower skl which is a plus.
Reply 9
Original post by RUDMA
I've applied with Maths FM physics and cs (hardest a levels🥲)
But nah cause I'm acc good at my option subjects having 9s for all 4 but i never expected to have a English test a pattern recognition and that flipping letters thing where it modifies the shape
i highly doubt ill get an offer and just like u I'm tryna leave my *****y school

Which school do u currently go to? I'm pretty sure im predicted mostly 9s for gcse but idk yet cuz we havent even gotten our mock results yet (im pretty sure i flopped those lmaaooo). I wish that wp would give offers based off predicted grades + references cuz then maybe i woulda gotten an offer.
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 10
Which school do u currently go to? I'm pretty sure im predicted mostly 9s for gcse but idk yet cuz we havent even gotten our mock results yet (im pretty sure i flopped those lmaaooo). I wish that wp would give offers based off predicted grades + references cuz then maybe i woulda gotten an offer.

I go preston manor
Is michela a good 1 to come to cause most of my teachers r saying its a iffy scl and very harsh etc
Reply 11
Original post by RUDMA
I go preston manor
Is michela a good 1 to come to cause most of my teachers r saying its a iffy scl and very harsh etc

The lower skl is rlly strict, but the sixth form is alot more relaxed, the quality of teaching is actually amazing as all teachers r from russell group unis so they know exactly whats needed to go to russell grp unis. The skl has partnerships with other skls which ive heard from my y12 friends is acc really helpful. The teachers r rlly supportive and are happy to help after class/skl if ur stuck w anything which is rlly helpful asw. Only downside of the skls sixthform is that the skl building isnt very pretty 😭 Oh yh, class sizes r rlly smal asw, usually 8-15 ppl so the teachers can give u as much attention and help as u need. Dont listen to ppl who say that mcs is too harsh cuz trust me the teachers when u get to know them are acc so chill, most of them are in their 20’s so they have similar humour to the students (my science teacher makes so many dirty jokes in class its acc crazy).

So yh, from what uve said i can tell ur rlly smart so if u did end up going to mcs i think ud do rlly well. The main reasons im hesitating abt going here are that i live sooooooo far from the skl, its been a hassle going from greenford to wembley everyday, and also cuz i just want a fresh start iykwim?
(edited 3 months ago)
i just sat the entrance exam and icl i flopped so hard 😭 are offers going to be made based off the exam alone or will other factors be taken into account aswell?

u did so good, mentally gifted fr
Reply 13
Original post by Mystery_2104
u did so good, mentally gifted fr

LMAOOOOOO still cant believe i got 128
Reply 14
LMAOOOOOO still cant believe i got 128

if only i tried a bit harder
Reply 15
Original post by RUDMA
if only i tried a bit harder

dude u still did rlly well
Reply 16
dude u still did rlly well

could've been way better
Reply 17
Original post by RUDMA
could've been way better

if i had a pencil and paper and didnt give up at the end i coulda gotten higher asw 😭 but we still both got offers so YIPPEE!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending