The Student Room Group

University math online test

What is the syllabus of University maths test??? What the passing marks and is sample paper of previous test available???
You might need to be a bit more specific. There are quite a few universities. Do you mean admission tests such as the TMUA, or actual papers from universities that undergrads sit, and if so what university?

If it is an admission test, there is generally no "pass grade". However, for TMUA (which is the only online admission test I can think of) a 6.5 is considered good. Past papers, as well as the syllabus are available if you search them up online, and similarly so too are the grade boundaries (although you may need to go check Freedom Of Information requests for them). For undergrad past papers, unfortunately this depends on the university. Some are available freely, while others are only available to students of that university. Similarly, class boundaries vary between universities, although I'm pretty sure that for most courses and universities a 40% score is always a pass.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by MouldyVinegar
You might need to be a bit more specific. There are quite a few universities. Do you mean admission tests such as the TMUA, or actual papers from universities that undergrads sit, and if so what university?

If it is an admission test, there is generally no "pass grade". However, for TMUA (which is the only online admission test I can think of) a 6.5 is considered good. Past papers, as well as the syllabus are available if you search them up online, and similarly so too are the grade boundaries (although you may need to go check Freedom Of Information requests for them). For undergrad past papers, unfortunately this depends on the university. Some are available freely, while others are only available to students of that university. Similarly, class boundaries vary between universities, although I'm pretty sure that for most courses and universities a 40% score is always a pass.

I'm apply for bsc computer science as a international student in LMU ....so maths online test is required for my admission but there is no information anywhere regarding the syllabus or creteria trelated to maths online test ....so if you known about this so please tell me
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Itsajay
I'm apply for bsc computer science as a international student in LMU ....so maths online test is required for my admission but there is no information anywhere regarding the syllabus or creteria trelated to maths online test ....so if you known about this so please tell me

Is this London Met? As far as I can see, the Maths requirements for the course aren't high (Grade 4 / C at GCSE and no specific A level subject requirements) so probably nothing too demanding. Your best option is to email the head of department or admissions team and ask them :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending