The Student Room Group

Can I apply to international foundation year as a uk student

I am a UK student and I’m wondering if I can apply to international foundation year at RG unis since my grades are low
Clue's in the name. International foundation year. You can't apply to those. You can however apply to any bog-standard foundation year, or choose to resit your A levels.
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 2
No.

As above - UK Foundation only, or just work a bit harder.
Original post by Collystudent2021
I am a UK student and I’m wondering if I can apply to international foundation year at RG unis since my grades are low

If your grades are low then why are you planning to self study an additional A level and sit it privately - concentrate on your core A levels and get your grades up.

You can apply to universities even if your predicted grades are below what they ask for - it's all down to your attitude to risk but if you're willing to consider a gap year and reapplying as a backup option then it's perfectly fine to use all 5 choices for aspirational universities asking for more than your predictions. You might get 5 rejections but you have Extra and Clearing as backups plus a gap year and reapplying with your grades in the bag.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending