The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Declined without Reason

Hi there! I recently applied to the University of Leeds for a foundation year as an overseas student who's already done a previous foundation. I just heard back and it said my application was unsuccessful without them asking for transcripts nor providing the reason why. I'm a mature student as well. Is this normal?
Original post by whieri15
Hi there! I recently applied to the University of Leeds for a foundation year as an overseas student who's already done a previous foundation. I just heard back and it said my application was unsuccessful without them asking for transcripts nor providing the reason why. I'm a mature student as well. Is this normal?

If you’ve done a foundation then why did you apply to another one?

Was the previous foundation in the UK on a student visa?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
If you’ve done a foundation then why did you apply to another one?

Was the previous foundation in the UK on a student visa?

I did a foundation year 3 years ago initially, but had to stop as I couldn't afford the International fees anymore. I'm reapplying again now that I can qualify for student loans and home fees and thought I would have a slightly easier chance of getting in after not being in education for such a long period of time.
Original post by whieri15
I did a foundation year 3 years ago initially, but had to stop as I couldn't afford the International fees anymore. I'm reapplying again now that I can qualify for student loans and home fees and thought I would have a slightly easier chance of getting in after not being in education for such a long period of time.

When you look at the specific choice on UCAS Hub is there no rejection reason?
If so then you need to contact Leeds to ask for more details.

It might be that you applied for a course that you don’t meet the requirements for or you do meet the requirements and didn’t list your qualifications correctly in ucas or there was a mistake.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
When you look at the specific choice on UCAS Hub is there no rejection reason?
If so then you need to contact Leeds to ask for more details.

It might be that you applied for a course that you don’t meet the requirements for or you do meet the requirements and didn’t list your qualifications correctly in ucas or there was a mistake.

I made sure to double check, and there was no reasoning at all. I'll pop them an email to clarify but hopefully it was just a mistake

Quick Reply

Latest