The Student Room Group

Foundation year 1 program

Very hard to get foundation year 1 program for imgs
Original post by MUHAMMED JASIM
Very hard to get foundation year 1 program for imgs

Are you referring to International Medical Graduates (for which a foundation year, which precedes an undergraduate degree, would make no sense. Or are you referring to something else?
I

Original post by DataVenia
Are you referring to International Medical Graduates (for which a foundation year, which precedes an undergraduate degree, would make no sense. Or are you referring to something

I am a medical student from Russia and I completed
my medical degree this year

Will I have to struggle a lot to get admission in UK foundation program after I pass plab exam one

International students are considered for the Foundation year program only after students from the UK have been considered
I

I am a medical student from Russia and I completed
my medical degree this year

Will I have to struggle a lot to get admission in UK foundation program after I pass plab exam one

International students are considered for the Foundation year program only after students from the UK have been considered

A foundation year is designed to prepare you for an undergraduate degree. You already have a medical degree. It therefore makes no sense (to me) that you would be looking to "get admission in UK foundation program".

What are you hoping to achieve by gaining entry to a foundation year. Are you trying to take your medical degree all over again, but in the UK? Why?!

Or are you simply trying to become qualified to practice medicine in the UK, based upon your existing medical degree? The fact that you've mentioned PLAB (Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board) suggests that this is the case.

Once you’ve passed both PLAB 1 and PLAB 2, you can apply for registration with a licence to practise. Once the GMC approve your application, and you gain registration, you can work as a doctor in the UK. Does that make sense?
Original post by DataVenia
A foundation year is designed to prepare you for an undergraduate degree. You already have a medical degree. It therefore makes no sense (to me) that you would be looking to "get admission in UK foundation program".

What are you hoping to achieve by gaining entry to a foundation year. Are you trying to take your medical degree all over again, but in the UK? Why?!

Or are you simply trying to become qualified to practice medicine in the UK, based upon your existing medical degree? The fact that you've mentioned PLAB (Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board) suggests that this is the case.

Once you’ve passed both PLAB 1 and PLAB 2, you can apply for registration with a licence to practise. Once the GMC approve your application, and you gain registration, you can work as a doctor in the UK. Does that make sense?

I have to complete my medical internship in UK what should I do for that
I have to complete my medical internship in UK what should I do for that

OK. You initially asked about "foundation year 1 program" and now you're asking about a "medical internship".

Can we skip over the foundation year / internship conversation? What are you trying to ultimately achieve? Is the objective to work as a doctor in the UK? Or is the objective to gain some low-level experience before returning to Russia to work there?
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending