The Student Room Group

Uni Disappointment

I've applied to universities lately for a foundation year in Computer Science after not being in uni for two years. I was an international student at another university beforehand doing a social sciences foundation year but they allowed me to carry into computer science as I had the prerequisite background for it. I had to put it to a halt as the international fees were too high. I applied for a foundation year as my maths isn't very strong and was hoping for another chance.
I wasn't very well educated on the fact that you can't apply for another foundation year as l'm an international and I'm just hearing a resounding no from all the universities so I have very little hope left. Even after I asked to be transferred to something related to my first foundation in humanities, which I'm not sure is possible. Would anyone have any advice as what to do possibly?
Reply 1
You can't do the same level of course twice - you wont get a student visa unless you are seen to be 'progressing' ie. moving on to higher qualifications, such as from Foundation to full degree.
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
You can't do the same level of course twice - you wont get a student visa unless you are seen to be 'progressing' ie. moving on to higher qualifications, such as from Foundation to full degree.

Hi there! I’m not on a student visa, which is the thing. The visa that I’m on currently allows me to work and live in the UK with no restrictions currently. Hence I’ve lived here for almost three years now which is why I’m applying again
So you completed a foundation yr in social science and then completed yr 1 of a comp sci degree and now you’re applying to foundation years again?

Did you list your previous study on your ucas application including details of completed modules?

Are you applying for foundation years for specific groups (international, those with different A level subjects etc)?

Are you expecting to now pay home fees?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending