The Student Room Group

Psychology

I was considering taking psychology as an A-level option for a career in economics, because nothing else is useful but I've seen people say it is considered a 'soft' subject. Just wondering if it'll affect my uni application. Thank you.
Original post by TrackerSN
I was considering taking psychology as an A-level option for a career in economics, because nothing else is useful but I've seen people say it is considered a 'soft' subject. Just wondering if it'll affect my uni application. Thank you.

what other subjects are you thinking of? :smile:
Reply 2

I’ve also heard that it’s been called a ‘soft subject’ but honestly by looking at some of the things my friend who takes it does it looks more complicated than it’s given credit for. For economics I don’t think it’s relevant but if you take the other relevant subjects (Maths and Economics probably the best ones), then your third can be whatever you want to do!
Reply 3
Other subjects I would be taking are maths, further maths, economics. So I'm not sure what else I can really take that is related to this career path. I actually enjoy psychology compared to the sciences as well.
Reply 4
Other subjects I would be taking are maths, further maths, economics. So I'm not sure what else I can really take that is related to this career path. I actually enjoy psychology compared to the sciences as well.

Honestly I think that’s a good combo. You’re including the 3 a levels you need, and going for the fourth you like. You shouldn’t be considered any less at most economics schools for that. Plus it’s getting recognised more now as less of a soft subject. And if you’re still worried, think of it this way - you’re taking FM too, by far the ‘hardest’ subject.

Quick Reply

Latest