The Student Room Group

BTEC IT Unit 2 January 2024 exam discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Soap029
i wish the exam today was in the morning. why should the exam be by 12 noon and then end by 3pm. part B [i dont really know much but ill watch vids and go through a lot of stuff]

I agree would’ve been better to get part A out the way starting in the morning for revision for part B honestly 🤷*♂️ nothing for B i will be cramming for that paper lol cant wait for these exams to finish
Reply 21
Original post by Unknownaspriv
I agree would’ve been better to get part A out the way starting in the morning for revision for part B honestly 🤷*♂️ nothing for B i will be cramming for that paper lol cant wait for these exams to finish

same . i cant wait for them to finish. the part a was dreadful
Reply 22
Original post by Soap029
same . i cant wait for them to finish. the part a was dreadful

same and time wasnt even on my side. i just hope the grade boundaries are low
Original post by iiman

FR
Reply 24
Original post by iiman

Real.
Just wanted to create a forum so we can discuss what we all did for this exam and discuss the questions after the exam!

I put 3 foreign keys into Roses table, but im not sure whether it’s right. Did anyone else do this?
Reply 26
Original post by foolhardy-which
I put 3 foreign keys into Roses table, but im not sure whether it’s right. Did anyone else do this?

yh same with me . i hope the grade boundaries are low
Reply 27
that report really p**sed me off, no joke!
Reply 28
For the TypeHeight, I tried entering 1.8 and 1.82 but they kept rounding up! tried changing the format from integer to decimal but that reversed the problem; Now it rounded down! really screwed up with my queries and reports
Reply 29
How are you guys going to revise for Part B tomorrow? any resources or anything not even exaggerated my teacher did not teach anything. I think i really messed up on part A so Im hoping to so well for part B
Reply 30
Haha my minds gone blank but i used the 4 IDs that were given rose type,rose, suppliers and the last one i have forgotten

Wait were there not meant to be 5 tables. I thought there was meant to be a hidden table so i made a 5th table for maintenance
Reply 31
Original post by EVRT808
How are you guys going to revise for Part B tomorrow? any resources or anything not even exaggerated my teacher did not teach anything. I think i really messed up on part A so Im hoping to so well for part B

Bro there's this nice site I got from a mate, basically this guys explains the entire Part A and Part B of a past paper. There of course no point of watching the Part A videos but the Part B one is really useful. I'll add the link.
http://www.computing.training/index.php/site-map/articles/14-sample-data-articles/135-btec-unit-sam-beaches
Reply 32
Original post by مبحث
For the TypeHeight, I tried entering 1.8 and 1.82 but they kept rounding up! tried changing the format from integer to decimal but that reversed the problem; Now it rounded down! really screwed up with my queries and reports

You had to change the Field Size to Double, and then change number of decimal places to 2, thats what I did and it worked for me, but the exam as a whole wasn't great. Messed up the relationships, thought I got them right but then couldn't write same data twice so had to change the whole thing and it was just a mess. Finished Activity 1 with the relationships screenprint before finding out they were all messed up, majority of Activity 2 managed to finish it. Didn't leave myself with enough time to start Activity 3 and 4, I had no clue what to do anyways so just decided to do Activity 5, the evaluation for some extra marks.
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 33
How do you revise part B? Its about forms isn't it
Original post by yamum_19

You had to change the Filed Size to Double, and then change number of decimal places to 2, thats what I did and it worked for me, but the exam as a whole wasn't great. Messed up the relationships, thought I got them right but then couldn't write same data twice so had to change the whole thing and it was just a mess. Finished Activity 1 with the relationships screenprint before finding out they were all messed up, majority of Activity 2 managed to finish it. Didn't leave myself with enough time to start Activity 3 and 4, I had no clue what to do anyways so just decided to do Activity 5, the evaluation for some extra marks.

What i did for that was change the data type as number was rounding it and then i put the validation rule of “between 0.6 and the other number” and it worked for me
Original post by DNXP
How do you revise part B? Its about forms isn't it

Yes revise forms
Original post by Paulago

Wait were there not meant to be 5 tables. I thought there was meant to be a hidden table so i made a 5th table for maintenance

Yeah i think i messed up the tables i ended up with 4 but i believe i made link tables, someone else replied saying they the answer was all foreign keys in one table but i’m not sure
Original post by مبحث
that report really p**sed me off, no joke!

This is so true i just put the displays they wanted and called it a night 😪
Reply 38
I know nothing going into the part b exam. Pray for me 💀. Watched video on forms (didn't finish it) i still didn't understand anything.
Reply 39
hi guys,
how did you find out todays paper??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending