The Student Room Group

Would you end all human life instantly if you could?

Scroll to see replies

No.
I would end the lives of all rats and booklice instantly.
No - what about all the sad doggos? :frown:
Original post by mallowtopia
No.
I would end the lives of all rats and booklice instantly.

Lots of rats are kept as pets the world over...
Why would I?
Reply 24
If anyone has ever queued for any amount of time in shops like B and M, and observed the customers, they'd wish for all of humanity to take it on the chin just to hit that demographic too.
(edited 2 months ago)
Do it fr no 🧢
Original post by kebab06
If you had a button which would end all human life instantly including yourself. would you press it why or why not? I have debates about this with my friend who seems to think it would be the moral decision to do so.

You see, the very fundamental of nature is surviving and with surviving there is killing - if you think about it the earth it is just a massive recycling centre of atoms, and all we are is a unexplainably large amount of these that wants to stay because it is complex and wants to evolve. You wipe out humans and another species emerges, what’s to say they wouldn’t do the same thing humans do, morally speaking?
It can be said we have developed enough to understand morality and to prevent immoral things from happening but this is far from the case. To establish a moral universal code you need everyone on the same page, and as we know with culture, experience, brain function, education, inequality and many more factors, this will be close to impossible.
Reply 27
You don't need a 'moral code' to understand the complexities and critical balance of life on this planet. Humans are not special at all despite humans and religion purporting this to be so.

We have become so successful in procreating that nature (not humans) will soon destroy our excessive numbers allowing all wildlife and the environment to regain balance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending