The Student Room Group

Started Masters not attending

Hello I started a masters degree and I don’t want to attend the in university sessions as they do not fit with work. I am still completing my work will student finance still pay out for my next semester? I have recieved the first payment or does the university have to confirm each semester.

Thanks
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Ln212
Hello I started a masters degree and I don’t want to attend the in university sessions as they do not fit with work. I am still completing my work will student finance still pay out for my next semester? I have recieved the first payment or does the university have to confirm each semester.

Thanks

Hi there,

Would you be doing it online? Thanks, Ross
If it's not agreed with the uni I'd be concerned about them removing you from the course for missing monitoring points.
Reply 3
Original post by Ross SLC
Hi there,

Would you be doing it online? Thanks, Ross

Hi Ross!

Basically I am using the course materials but I can not attend the lectures as I need to still work I have dependants.

Aslong as I am submitting my work can I still continue to receive my loan to pay for the course?

Or does the uni have to log attendance each semester to receive the loan.

Thanks Lauren
Original post by Ln212
Hi Ross!

Basically I am using the course materials but I can not attend the lectures as I need to still work I have dependants.

Aslong as I am submitting my work can I still continue to receive my loan to pay for the course?

Or does the uni have to log attendance each semester to receive the loan.

Thanks Lauren

Hi there. Have you spoken with the university regarding this yet? They don't send your attendance for each term, but we would need to know what they are classing you as, and if you're changing to distance learning. Thanks, Leah.
Reply 5
Original post by Leah SLC
Hi there. Have you spoken with the university regarding this yet? They don't send your attendance for each term, but we would need to know what they are classing you as, and if you're changing to distance learning. Thanks, Leah.

Hi Leah I have spoken with my university and all is sorted now thanks for your help!
You're welcome, have a lovely day! 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending