The Student Room Group

I don't know what degree to do, I am interested in many things.

I have an interest in archaeology/anthropolgy, law, philosophy/religions as well as chinese. Are there any degrees which is a good fit for all of my interests?
A degree in Chinese/Asian Studies probably would allow you to explore anthropological and philosophical/religious approaches and elements if the region and language (and its speakers). Archaeology may be more variable, although you could certainly move into an archaeological masters focusing on the historic archaeology if the region from a language/area Studies degree.

Obviously it wouldn't involve studying black letter law of Britain but you could become a solicitor or barrister with that background anyway (or any subject background).
Original post by kwakraon
I have an interest in archaeology/anthropolgy, law, philosophy/religions as well as chinese. Are there any degrees which is a good fit for all of my interests?

Hi there

I would recommend doing some research on specific courses that Universities offer. Whilst it may be difficult to find a course that does a combination of all these topics, I do believe there are courses such as law and philosophy?

For some Universities, I believe that you are able to choose optional modules as part of a law degree. This means you are able to choose law related, or non-law related modules such as Chinese. (I currently have friends who have chosen to study Chinese as an additional module and they have had opportunities to study abroad, if that is something which interests you.) I would recommend having a look into these options, or attending open days could give you a better idea of what your options are.

I hope this helps.
Chloe
University of Kent Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending