The Student Room Group

English Literature courses (examination: timed or coursework)

im in the process of applying to unis, and i want to know the examination process for the below universities for their English Literature coursework (if they're all coursework marked/final timed papers/combination etc.)
-UCL
-KCL
-Durham
-Edinburgh
-Glasgow
-York
-Warwick
-Manchester
-Bristol
(edited 4 months ago)
I suspect most will be a combination to some extent, but the exact split will probably vary. You can look at the individual module pages for the modules on these courses at most of these unis and see. I believe most of the UCL English modules are exam based though (at least for the English department ones; not sure about the comparative literature ones as that's a separate course drawing modules from other departments).
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by indignant-testic
im in the process of applying to unis, and i want to know the examination process for the below universities for their English Literature coursework (if they're all coursework marked/final timed papers/combination etc.)
-UCL
-KCL
-Durham
-Edinburgh
-Glasgow
-York
-Warwick
-Manchester
-Bristol

Hi there!

It's great to see that you're thinking of applying to study English Literature. I have just recently finished my English Lit degree at Hope!

If people from those universities cannot help you here, then I would recommend that you consult the websites for each university. The different subjects normally have course breakdowns year by year which you can read, and might have assessment and examination information.

Alternatively, there is no harm in contacting the universities themselves to found out more information from the department themselves so you are prepared!

I hope this helps :smile:

Estelle
Graduate Advocate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending