The Student Room Group

Dundee or Glasgow?

I’ve received conditional offers to study at both of these universities, I’ve been to both for nights out but I don’t know which course I’d have more fun doing. Dundee’s accommodation is more affordable, but a lot of people say Glasgow is better.

The course at Dundee is English & Film Studies (MA Hons) and the course at Glasgow is Digital Media & Information/Film and Television Studies (MA Hons)

I’ve studied in Glasgow the past three years, and I don’t know if I’d be playing at safe by staying here. Or if I’d want the full experience of moving out and away to Dundee.
Original post by KevDeg
I’ve received conditional offers to study at both of these universities, I’ve been to both for nights out but I don’t know which course I’d have more fun doing. Dundee’s accommodation is more affordable, but a lot of people say Glasgow is better.

The course at Dundee is English & Film Studies (MA Hons) and the course at Glasgow is Digital Media & Information/Film and Television Studies (MA Hons)

I’ve studied in Glasgow the past three years, and I don’t know if I’d be playing at safe by staying here. Or if I’d want the full experience of moving out and away to Dundee.

First of all congratulations on your offers :woohoo:

Second, my advice would be to focus on which course you would prefer to study - that's what you are there to do.
Digital Media & Information is very different to English. Think about what your goals are for the future and which course would better prepare you for that and give you a more valuable skillset to take into that future.

It's good that you're also thinking about the experiential side - and there is something to be said about how you would benefit from moving away from your comfort zone. But if you spend part of your degree wishing you were studying something else, that isn't great either.

Look at the kinds of modules on offer in both courses and the amount of choice you would get on either programme. :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest