The Student Room Group

College and work balance

Guys, i just got a full time job at McDonald’s and i go to college for 4 days .. I’m afraid i won’t break down.
Any advice will be highly appreciated.
Reply 1
Original post by Lmao9
Guys, i just got a full time job at McDonald’s and i go to college for 4 days .. I’m afraid i won’t break down.

Make sure you balance your college time and any work you have to do for college first and foremost.
McDonald's you just have to see how you get on with the shifts and hours you do with them. Just make sure you aren't overdoing anything okay.

It might be hard at the beginning with trying to do both but until you have done both of them for a few weeks you'll not know how you feel, if you can't manage the two then obviously something must happen so you may have to cut the hours down in McDonald's ( you should have perhaps only worked weekends at first and at a later date if you think you could manage add more hours to McDonald's.

I have been there myself when I worked full-time in retailing and going to university ( I went part-time with retailing) because of the degree would be demanding over the three years plus the unsociable hours with doing placements.
I did get through it but it was tough going at the beginning until use to doing both.
Reply 2
Thank you so much xx
Reply 3
Original post by Lmao9
Thank you so much xx

You are welcome 🤗🤗🤗
Remember see how things go with combining college with working with McDonald's.
Good luck okay
Reply 4
Ty.. will deffo get back to ya xx
Reply 5
Original post by Lmao9
Ty.. will deffo get back to ya xx

Ok thanks 🙏🙏
Original post by Lmao9

See how you get on. Mcdonalds are pretty flexible (i used to work for them myself). If it gets a bit much, then cut your hours at mcdonalds to an amount thats more manageable.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending