The Student Room Group

Has anyone completed an Access course at Westking? If so, how is it like?

Hi there,
I’m 25 years old and I’m considering an Access course in Business at Westminster Kingsway College this year. However, during the interview, I was told I will have to attend three days a week plus Monday mornings for GCSEs. I’m currently working full time which means I will have to change my contract to part-time. Technically, it is not a problem as I’ve done it before, but in the past, I used to work three days a week instead of 5. However, I will now be asking to reduce it even further which I doubt will be an option.
I need to get 45 distinctions, 15 merits and Maths GCSE grade 7 to get into the university I want and from what I’ve read in this forum it is achievable but like all things, effort is required to get the desired outcome.
If anyone has studied the same course at Westking, could you please tell me what was it like and how did you balance it with work?

Much appreciated,
Carolynne
Reply 1
Original post by Carolynne
Hi there,
I’m 25 years old and I’m considering an Access course in Business at Westminster Kingsway College this year. However, during the interview, I was told I will have to attend three days a week plus Monday mornings for GCSEs. I’m currently working full time which means I will have to change my contract to part-time. Technically, it is not a problem as I’ve done it before, but in the past, I used to work three days a week instead of 5. However, I will now be asking to reduce it even further which I doubt will be an option.
I need to get 45 distinctions, 15 merits and Maths GCSE grade 7 to get into the university I want and from what I’ve read in this forum it is achievable but like all things, effort is required to get the desired outcome.
If anyone has studied the same course at Westking, could you please tell me what was it like and how did you balance it with work?

Much appreciated,
Carolynne

Hi did you end up enrolling? How was it? What was the timetable like?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending