The Student Room Group

Minimum age requirement for foundation courses

I’m currently 16 and will be applying this week. I just want to make sure that I am eligible to apply.
I’ll be 17 in June and I’m wondering whether I can apply to the following universities
-Birkbeck University
-University of Kent
-University of Reading
-University of Essex
-University of Swansea
All foundation courses
I’m aware that all are different but if it would be great if anyone has information!
Original post by Karoo0o
I’m currently 16 and will be applying this week. I just want to make sure that I am eligible to apply.
I’ll be 17 in June and I’m wondering whether I can apply to the following universities
-Birkbeck University
-University of Kent
-University of Reading
-University of Essex
-University of Swansea
All foundation courses
I’m aware that all are different but if it would be great if anyone has information!

Hi there

I am aware of students that have begun their studies at the age of 17 at Kent. I hope the following information will be helpful:

"The minimum age to study a degree programme at university is normally at least 17 years old on the date of registration." "For all students who will be under 18 on the date of registration for their course, the student and their parents or guardians must acknowledge in writing that they accept that the student will be entering an adult environment and that it is assumed that they have the necessary skills to live independently."

I believe you are able to apply to Kent as you turn 17 in June. You are able to find the above information here: https://www.kent.ac.uk/applicants/policies/minimum-age. If you are still uncertain as to your eligibility, I would recommend getting in touch via: [email protected] or [email protected].

I hope this helps.
Chloe
University of Kent Student Rep
Original post by Karoo0o
-Birkbeck University
-University of Kent
-University of Reading
-University of Essex
-University of Swansea
All foundation courses

Hi @Karoo0o !
The University of Essex accepts students with 16 and over.🤩

When I was a student at Essex I had a friend that came from Portugal and started his first year of university with 17 years. Since graduating I have known a lot of students that started university underaged. 🎓

This is the link with some information for students under 18: Students under 18 | University of Essex
I hope this helps and let me know if you have more questions😊

Essex Official Rep- Cat😎

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending