The Student Room Group

Accused of plagiarising essay

I'm a 3rd year student (from college), this is my first semester in uni and I'm proud to say I'm one of the top scorers in my class. However, for my last essay I have been falsely accused of plagiarism. I am waiting on the interview hearing but was wondering if anyone has been through a similar experience/had any advice.

So far all I can see is my turnitin percentage was 20%, except when I checked all the highlight "similarities" its all from my reference list. I also paid for turnitin checker online to double check and that came up with 1%. I have proof on my word document history, sources and plans.

Any help would be appreciated as I am stressing!!!!!
Reply 1
Original post by Bebedede
I'm a 3rd year student (from college), this is my first semester in uni and I'm proud to say I'm one of the top scorers in my class. However, for my last essay I have been falsely accused of plagiarism. I am waiting on the interview hearing but was wondering if anyone has been through a similar experience/had any advice.

So far all I can see is my turnitin percentage was 20%, except when I checked all the highlight "similarities" its all from my reference list. I also paid for turnitin checker online to double check and that came up with 1%. I have proof on my word document history, sources and plans.

Any help would be appreciated as I am stressing!!!!!

If you have cited everything correctly then you have no case to answer and any hearing should be mere formality.

I am surprised that it has got this far given what you've said, but as other threads on here demonstrate, sometimes these things slip through the cracks and need a quick meet to iron out.
Reply 2
Original post by gjd800
If you have cited everything correctly then you have no case to answer and any hearing should be mere formality.

I am surprised that it has got this far given what you've said, but as other threads on here demonstrate, sometimes these things slip through the cracks and need a quick meet to iron out.

Me too! I was quite surprised it escalated this far. It's really nice hearing it could simply be a formality. Thank you very much for replying :smile:

Btw I have cited everything with references
Reply 3
Original post by Bebedede
Me too! I was quite surprised it escalated this far. It's really nice hearing it could simply be a formality. Thank you very much for replying :smile:

Btw I have cited everything with references

You will be ok.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending