The Student Room Group

I have two qualifications. In high school I was mostly focused on AP so I have 4 5s w

I have two qualifications. In high school I was mostly focused on AP so I have 4 5s with one of them being Calculus BC, but my IB predicted is 35. Is it possible to get an offer for a uni that wants A*AA on AP and not IB?
Reply 1
Which universities and which course?
Reply 2
Original post by ajj2000
Which universities and which course?

Economics UCL, Economics and Finance Manchester and Edinburgh
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Drakon
Economics UCL, Economics and Finance Manchester and Edinburgh

Just to check - are you an international applicant? What grades are you aiming for at higher level IB?
Reply 4
Original post by ajj2000
Just to check - are you an international applicant? What grades are you aiming for at higher level IB?

I am international; I had to take the IB as it is kind of forced in my school. My predicteds won't change as the last exams are finished. Since I was mostly focused on AP, I didn't know all the requirements for IB written responses and had a few units missing from the Math exam, hence my mediocre score. Since my APs are quite good, i am just checking my chances.
Yes, it is possible. Unis can choose to accept either qual, or make an either/or offer.
Reply 6
Original post by Admit-One
Yes, it is possible. Unis can choose to accept either qual, or make an either/or offer.

do you think is it likely tho?
Original post by Drakon
do you think is it likely tho?

Impossible to say, it's a uni-by-uni and possibly course-by-course thing.
Reply 8
Original post by Drakon
I am international; I had to take the IB as it is kind of forced in my school. My predicteds won't change as the last exams are finished. Since I was mostly focused on AP, I didn't know all the requirements for IB written responses and had a few units missing from the Math exam, hence my mediocre score. Since my APs are quite good, i am just checking my chances.

I don't think anyone could predict this as its so dependant on the individual departments at each university. As its such an unusual circumstance in that you meet entrance requirements but are sitting a separate qualification it may be down to whoever reads you details and whether they pick up on this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending