The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Past vs previous test scores (US) for satisfying conditional offer

This is my first time posting, so hopefully I don't miss anything. Any help would be appreciated!

I recently received a conditional offer to study Aeronautical Engineering at Imperial College London, but I'm having a hard time deciphering the terms of the offer. It says that the offer is contingent on "Advanced Placement: 5, 5, 5 Physics and 2 Other

Please send copies of your high school qualifications to admissions no later than the 31st July.
"See our guidance on sending documents: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/apply/undergraduate/offer-holders/submit-offer-conditions/

Previous Advanced placement completed in Calculus BC with grade 5 to be submitted

This offer contains high school results that you have already completed. These must be sent to admissions by the 19 July 2024.See submission guidance: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/apply/undergraduate/offer-holders/submit-offer-condition"

I have already earned 5s in AP Physics C: Mechanics and 2 other APs between sophomore and junior year. However, my scores for AP Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism and 2 additional APs that I'm taking senior year are still pending. Thus, it seems like this offer could be interpreted two different ways: that I have already satisfied the requirements of my offer, or that I must receive 5s on all three of my pending exams. Which of these is intended by the offer letter?

Thanks again for any insight.
It's a bit too amiguous for me to advise on, (and I work in admissions!), so I would contact the uni to clarify before you think about accepting it. Unis have limited characters to express the terms of the offer via UCAS, so they should be abe to detail whether your previous AP's are included or excluded from the 555 being requested.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
It's a bit too amiguous for me to advise on, (and I work in admissions!), so I would contact the uni to clarify before you think about accepting it. Unis have limited characters to express the terms of the offer via UCAS, so they should be abe to detail whether your previous AP's are included or excluded from the 555 being requested.

Ok, I'll do that. Thanks for the quick reply! Glad to know I'm not the only one that finds it confusing.
Original post by Burritowel
Ok, I'll do that. Thanks for the quick reply! Glad to know I'm not the only one that finds it confusing.

No, definitely not just you. Unis can struggle to explain what they mean in that limited space when it's a mixture of achieved and pending quals. They should be able to explain directly what they're after.
Reply 4
Any update on what they said? I'm in a similar situation right now
Reply 5
Original post by firackish

Not yet, I emailed about five days ago and am still waiting on a response. I imagine there is a backlog of emails from the holidays.
Reply 6
Original post by firackish

They said that "If you already have met the conditions please send us the official copies of your results so that we can update the offer for you" without clarifying what they meant in the original offer.
Reply 7
Original post by Burritowel
They said that "If you already have met the conditions please send us the official copies of your results so that we can update the offer for you" without clarifying what they meant in the original offer.

I would take it to mean that your existing scores will be accepted. That's what ended up happening in my situation (thankfully).
Reply 8
My situation is not totally analogous (applying to read classics at oxford) but the wording I got in my offer email was pretty much the same as yours, and they ended up just wanting my already-achieved AP scores.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending