The Student Room Group

Anything an international student should know to get into Cambridge vet med

Please tell me anything I need to know or have to get into Cambridge vet med. I’m an international student, and there’s a high chance I cannot do the IB curriculum or the A-levels test…
Original post by rcathy864
Please tell me anything I need to know or have to get into Cambridge vet med. I’m an international student, and there’s a high chance I cannot do the IB curriculum or the A-levels test…

Have you looked at the statistics for overseas students on the course, and how many are unlikely to have IB or A levels?
Hey, where are you applying from??
I'm a North American applicant, I've gotten acceptance offers from 3 UK vet schools this round. I didn't take IB or A-levels in highschool. I do have an Undergraduate degree however.

I would suggest emailing the admissions team for vet med at Cambridge
Reply 3
Original post by lonelymountains7
Hey, where are you applying from??
I'm a North American applicant, I've gotten acceptance offers from 3 UK vet schools this round. I didn't take IB or A-levels in highschool. I do have an Undergraduate degree however.
I would suggest emailing the admissions team for vet med at Cambridge

Oh, if you didn’t take IB or A-levels, what academic certificates/scores did you put in your CV?
Original post by rcathy864
Oh, if you didn’t take IB or A-levels, what academic certificates/scores did you put in your CV?

Hm, none of the schools I applied to required a CV. I didn't apply to Cambridge though, I applied to Edinburgh, Bristol, Aberystwyth and Liverpool. I did have to provide copies of my High school and University transcripts. I also applied through UCAS and not VMCAS, so I don't know if that would make a difference or not.

To be honest, most schools didn't really seem to care about my highschool results. But if you are applying right out of highschool they may want more qualifications- I'm not sure. I would look at the Cambridge website and see what their qualifications are for highsxhool international applicants
Just had a look at the Cambridge website. Here's a link to a page that will tell you what highschool qualifications are needed for each country. (There is a drop down menu to pick your country) https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/international-students/international-entry-requirements

If you're from the states is mostly looks like you'll need to take some AP level courses

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending