The Student Room Group

Gates Cambridge Scholarship - not USA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous #11
Honestly I know it's a rejection too, I just want to actually get the email for the peace of mind 😭
Don't renounce hope just yet, we might be in 🤣
Original post by Charlemagne2001
Don't renounce hope just yet, we might be in 🤣

I am living for this energy thank you <3 🤣
Honestly I know it's a rejection too, I just want to actually get the email for the peace of mind 😭
why do you guys think it’s a rejection? Have Mphil students already been invited for interview?
anyone received an email yet? 😭 this is stressful
Original post by Rodger32
why do you guys think it’s a rejection? Have Mphil students already been invited for interview?
Say it's an invite and it WILL be an invite!!
Original post by Rodger32
Given how many people have already received interviews, I feel like it's highly unlikely we get interviews now as MPhil students, but I'm also not entirely sure - it's more about the fact that now that I think about it, I probably could have written my statement stronger, haha. I guess we'll just have to wait and see . . . hopefully someone hears back soon!
Given how many people have already received interviews, I feel like it's highly unlikely we get interviews now as MPhil students, but I'm also not entirely sure - it's more about the fact that now that I think about it, I probably could have written my statement stronger, haha. I guess we'll just have to wait and see . . . hopefully someone hears back soon!
yea haha!! I know what u mean- I feel the same!! 😅 But about the interviews- you sure these are Mphil students or PhD students? and I’ve only really seen social sciences panel been invited for interview so far on here
Honestly the more we have to wait, the more optimistic I become... if every decision held back until now is a rejection, why not just send them out at like 4pm? I think there are some invites included. There must be an institutional defect or something. It might be only wishful thinking on my behalf...
Honestly the more we have to wait, the more optimistic I become... if every decision held back until now is a rejection, why not just send them out at like 4pm? I think there are some invites included. There must be an institutional defect or something. It might be only wishful thinking on my behalf...
Same here!! I haven't seen that many interview invitations here (and so far none for MPhil...), so keeping myself optimistic :biggrin:
Agreed. I know for a fact that literally Friday evening my department for my PhD emailed my advisor some immigration questions before they would proceed with an offer.
Granted, that was probably separate from the Gates-Cambridge and was referring to normal acceptance, but still feels like some departments might be behind.
Well, it’s almost the fifth and still no news hope we hear soon!
welp it’s the 5th of march now 😭
I’m still waiting for Gates Cambridge outcomes. Anyone?
Original post by Anonymous #4
welp it’s the 5th of march now 😭

Could it be US time? 🥲🥲
Original post by Anonymous #7

Could it be US time? 🥲🥲

that’s a possibility. guess we all should wait for another nerve-wracking day? it’s pretty odd that they didn’t abide by the set dates though so maybe there was a problem regarding logistics or something as i’ve heard that this intake has a record high number of applicants
Still haven't heard anything either (MPhil) :frown:
This isn’t helping my anxiety at all! They should just send us a email or something.
I understand that Gates Cambridge funds more PhDs than MPhils…true?
Original post by Faye Peters

Yes, true
Original post by Faye Peters
From what I can tell yes, on their website it says that MPhil students will have to make a strong case for why they think they should receive the scholarship / how it will further their career plans.
Original post by Anonymous #14
This isn’t helping my anxiety at all! They should just send us a email or something.
yea I know right? No idea why they're making us wait especially without informing us

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending