The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

are birmingham lenient with GCSEs?

basically, I have AAB at A-level which is enough for my course. it doesn't say on the specific course page about GCSEs but on Uni of Birmingham entry requirements page it says:
'We require literacy and numeracy skills which can normally be demonstrated if you have the following: GCSE English and GCSE mathematics (including IGCSEs), both grade 4 or above.'

I have a grade 6 in English lang and a grade 3 at mathematics. I also have an 8 at gcse in the course im looking to study.

are uni of Birmingham usually lenient with gcse grades? does it matter that im only one grade off? my course has nothing to do with maths.
I have experience with maths 'practically' as in my current job I handle money and take payments but that's all. does anyone have any advice?
Probably good to have a pass in GCSE Maths regardless for the future, I guess that you can always contact them and ask.
(edited 3 months ago)
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Original post by Talkative Toad
Probably good to have a pass in GCSE Maths regardless for the future, I guess that you can always contact them and ask.

I called them and they said its unlikely I will be made an offer and the gcse requirements are very strict bc they are the standard. so got what I needed to know :')
Original post by Anonymous
I called them and they said its unlikely I will be made an offer and the gcse requirements are very strict bc they are the standard. so got what I needed to know :')

Fair then.

I personally think that having a grade 4 in GCSE Maths is useful regardless

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending