The Student Room Group

University of Birmingham and Warwick

Hi i’m studying English Literature,Business and Psychology at a level, do you think Warwick or Birmingham would accept me to do a law degree with predicted A*A*A, but not very good GCSE grades for 2024 highest grade 7?
Reply 1
From what I know, warwick tends to use grades more as they don't use the LNAT. Birmingham would be more lenient I guess since they are lower ranked than Warwick but I don't see why a strong PS can't compensate for low GCSEs
Reply 2
As long as you hit the minimum GSCE requirements listed on course details they will consider you

e.g if warwick says minimum 6 in English then you need a 6 don't bother applying with less

and GSCE don't really make a difference beyond that unless course is high demand that specific year
I don't know what your GCSEs are, but if you don't meet the GCSE requirement, then don't apply, they are unlikely to consider you (unless you have serious mitigation circumstances).

6 is quite a high GCSE requirement, most unis (even RG) only ask that you have passed English and Maths, so it is only Warwick that this may be an issue (again: I don't know your GCSE grades, just covering in case its lower than 6). But as long as you meet the unis GCSE requirement they will consider you.

Apart from these requirements, don't worry about your GCSE grades: 1.) they aren't low 2.) unis don't care about them.

Will Brum and Warwick accept you? - we can't answer that but it is likely one will give you an offer (if not both!) - and you will definitely secure an offer from a RG uni from the rest of your applications.

I would advise you to apply for 5 RG unis, with a mix on LNAT and non-LNAT unis (that's if you are interested in any of the LNAT unis). Don't listen to your teacher who will tell you to apply to 'safe' choices - these unis will only be in clearing begging for students and are a waste of an application spot.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending