The Student Room Group

an issue on a level grades

I reallt wannaknow is it possible to go from ABD to AAB or ABB in 4 months I AM MOTIVATED and determinmed
and is it possible to go from BCU to AAB in 4 months
Hi there - it's definitely possible, I'll put that out there to begin with. Two things you'll need to know:

First, it won't be easy. If you want something, you'll need to sacrifice for it. Consider what you'd be willing to give up in your life to boost your grades - less time on hobbies, less time with friends, fewer lie-ins in the morning?

Secondly, working smartly is so important - graft is necessary, but unless you're intelligently targeting success, it'll be wasted. Look at the assessments ahead and their mark schemes, and consider what will earn you the marks you need. Put work into building the skills and knowledge to get those specific marks, not just "general" revision.

Finally, don't put too much pressure on yourself! Do your best, and see where you get to. If you feel you've made progress but you don't quite hit your target grades, consider taking a gap year to resit. One year on the scale of your life is nothing, so don't be afraid to think differently.
Alternatively, you might look at your final grades and, even if they aren't the ABB you're looking for, they may still get you to a university or job you're happy with.

Hope that's of some help!
Matthew (Yipiyap gap year ambassador)
Reply 2
Original post by Yipiyap_Matthew
Hi there - it's definitely possible, I'll put that out there to begin with. Two things you'll need to know:

First, it won't be easy. If you want something, you'll need to sacrifice for it. Consider what you'd be willing to give up in your life to boost your grades - less time on hobbies, less time with friends, fewer lie-ins in the morning?

Secondly, working smartly is so important - graft is necessary, but unless you're intelligently targeting success, it'll be wasted. Look at the assessments ahead and their mark schemes, and consider what will earn you the marks you need. Put work into building the skills and knowledge to get those specific marks, not just "general" revision.

Finally, don't put too much pressure on yourself! Do your best, and see where you get to. If you feel you've made progress but you don't quite hit your target grades, consider taking a gap year to resit. One year on the scale of your life is nothing, so don't be afraid to think differently.
Alternatively, you might look at your final grades and, even if they aren't the ABB you're looking for, they may still get you to a university or job you're happy with.

Hope that's of some help!
Matthew (Yipiyap gap year ambassador)

Thanks, How many hours should I be doing? Im predicted A*AA but feel like Im going to get AAB or ABB if I really work hard.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Thanks, How many hours should I be doing? Im predicted A*AA but feel like Im going to get AAB or ABB if I really work hard.

There's no one answer, I'm afraid - it's about how well you can learn the skills/knowledge to get the marks. (And don't forget Parkinson's Law - Google it if you're not familiar!)

Look ahead to your upcoming assessments. Look at the mark scheme, do some practice papers/essays, and see how you compare. Make a list of every mark you didn't get.

Then, think about how many days you've got until your exams (and how many you're willing to work on! Does that include weekends? Try to be realistic and cut yourself some slack - you're not going to be able to work every hour in the day.)

Split your list of marks to revise/practice over those days, and you'll know how many hours each will take. It's tough work, but if you're determined, anything is possible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending