The Student Room Group

University fee loans optometry

Hi, I was wanting to ask any Dispensing opticians who have done the optometry degree if they managed to get any funding for SFE on their second degree. Or if anyone in any other degrees got any additional funding on a second degree.
Original post by HB135
Hi, I was wanting to ask any Dispensing opticians who have done the optometry degree if they managed to get any funding for SFE on their second degree. Or if anyone in any other degrees got any additional funding on a second degree.

Hi HB135,

Can you confirm the full course name, university and course code that you are interested in please? Is it full time or part time?

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi HB135,

Can you confirm the full course name, university and course code that you are interested in please? Is it full time or part time?

Thanks, Clare

Hi clare

I am doing the Optometry BSC 3 year course at Bradford. From what university has told me in past people an get up to 4 years funding, The degree I have done is similar and it was needed for me to get into optometry. So in context it is some what a top up / postgrad course I am doing. I also have had previous students who have done this degree with my qualification say they got their last year funded. I find it extremely frustrating as being a full time student and having to go Uni atleast 4 days a week, and only working Saturday and an extra day, SFE give no support at all even though I'm a mature student and have expenses such as travel to take into account. I understand the degree is the same level as my old degree but it was needed for me to get into this course so I should have been considered for some postgrad funding or 4th year fund as its in the exact same field
Hi HB135,

Thank you for confirming. Optometry is treated as a standard course and is not an exception to previous study and equal level qualification rules. This means that you will not be eligible for funding if you hold an equal level qualification.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending