The Student Room Group

F1 Motor Sports Broadcasting Journalism Work experience and Job roles

Hey Everyone, my name is Lily and i am currently in year 12 in sixth form.
Can anyone send me links to good experiences and courses that would help me become an F1/2/3/E/ Academy or Motorsport Broadcasting journalist please. I am finding it hard to find any experience in journalism and i dont know whats the best pathway to go for achieving this job role!!!
Any help is appreciated
Original post by hehehehbsjs
Hey Everyone, my name is Lily and i am currently in year 12 in sixth form.
Can anyone send me links to good experiences and courses that would help me become an F1/2/3/E/ Academy or Motorsport Broadcasting journalist please. I am finding it hard to find any experience in journalism and i dont know whats the best pathway to go for achieving this job role!!!
Any help is appreciated

Maybe try contacting someone already in that field for advice? Someone like Hazel Southwell springs to mind, (here is her Twitter). Bit of a long shot, but worth a try for the sake of sending a polite message. You could also try looking through her mutuals to see if there is anyone else in a similar role that you are aiming towards :smile:
Another though occured, (and apologies if you've done something similar already), is to watch/record as many motorsport related programmes that you can find, and make a note of the production companies involved at the end of the credits. You can then go to their websites and see if they offer any internships or placements.
Some careers resources collected by the Silverstone Motorsport Museum.

https://www.silverstonemuseum.co.uk/what-s-on/events/girlswill/
You should check out a website called Formula Careers. They have a decent bit about non-technical careers in F1 as well. I am working towards becoming an engineer in F1 so I don't know too much about journalism unfortunately. Also, LinkedIn is a great tool if you are looking for a career in motorsports. You could look into that as well, helped me a lot personally. Like go to any F1 team or motorsports firm and type in keywords like journalism etc. and you can see the profiles of the people into such stuff and what skill sets they have. Formula Careers are there on LinkedIn as well

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask any other questions I can help with

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending