The Student Room Group

Ucas application reference

I submitted my ucas application 2 mins late :frown: and so scared of loosing my chances now. It was solely due to my referee not submitting the reference on time. I submitted it without the reference at the end.

Do you think ucas would agree to add reference after the deadline?

has anyone been through this issue before?

I am planning to contact ucas first thing tommorrow.
Reply 1
Original post by o_g1994
I submitted my ucas application 2 mins late :frown: and so scared of loosing my chances now. It was solely due to my referee not submitting the reference on time. I submitted it without the reference at the end.

I knew there would be one!

Did you apply as part of a centre (with a buzzword) or independently?

If it's with a buzzword and you've only paid and sent now, you've only sent it to your school and so they will need to do the reference and add it. It will definitely be a late application if this is the case.

If it's an independent and it's without a reference, your unis are likely to contact you to ask for it (although I wouldn't solely rely on this).
Original post by o_g1994

Ring UCAS and ask if your application has been logged as “on time” or “late”.

If you were on the submission page at the time of the deadline then there’s a good chance that they will treat your application as on time.

If you submitted without a reference then you need to provide each of your choices with your reference directly (UCAS isn’t involved in this bit anymore). But speak to UCAS first to check whether you’re flagged as on time or late. UCAS don’t pass on any late applications to universities until all the on time ones have been passed on (takes a day or so usually) with a gap between the two groups to allow universities to differentiate.
Reply 3
Thanks everyone, so this is what I did:
I contacted ucas the next morning asap, they suggested me to contact each of my choices to let them know about the situation. I contacted all my 5 choices, they suggested me to send them over the reference on their given email addresses, they said they have added it on my application.
Reply 4
The 2 min late situation was ignored as well, all my application went through to each universities successfully. However one of my friend who submitted an hour late got a reply back saying it will be counted as late application, and i guess that will be now just considered for clearance in the summer.
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by o_g1994
The 2 min late situation was ignored as well, all my application went through to each universities successfully. However one of my friend who submitted an hour late got a reply back saying it will be counted as late application, and i guess that will be now just considered for clearance in the summer.

Most courses stay open after the deadline so your friend will probably be fine unless they applied to very competitive courses.
Reply 6
Original post by Admit-One
Most courses stay open after the deadline so your friend will probably be fine unless they applied to very competitive courses.

its for dental hygiene which is definitely competitive
Original post by o_g1994
its for dental hygiene which is definitely competitive

In that case it's up to the unis involved. Your friend may have scuppered themselves though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending