The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

BA Japanese and Business at Cardiff

Hi! I'm trying to decide between universities to start at next year, can I get some info about the Japanese and Business course at Cardiff? How much time is spent learning the language (this is my main interest)? What sort of level do people come away with (would N2/N1 be possible)? How many words are you expected to learn per week? What is the work-life balance like? How are the more cultural studies modules and is the business section interesting? I've applied to study pure BA Japanese at other unis but I just like the look of Cardiff, though I obviously have to take business as well. Sorry for the question bombardment but I would love to get some more info as I sadly missed the open day.
Hi there,

I can see on the website that each year there is a division of 60 credits for Japanese and 60 credits for Business, with the option of a year abroad in 3rd year to improve your Japanese/ get experience. It seems like a pretty even split. I think that it would depend if you managed to spend some time in Japan as to what level you will be by the end of the course. I'd recommend trying to visit for an open day to get more info if you can!

All the best
Jaz - Cardiff student rep
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending