The Student Room Group

Cardiff metropolitan or university of south wales

Hi I applied to study psychology in both universities but I’m not sure which one to pick if I get my offer. Is cardiff met better than university of south wales for psychology or the other way around as I want to be a clinical psychologist
Original post by Sema2002
Hi I applied to study psychology in both universities but I’m not sure which one to pick if I get my offer. Is cardiff met better than university of south wales for psychology or the other way around as I want to be a clinical psychologist

They're both BPS accredited, which is the essential thing a psychology degree must have. And since they're both BPS accredited, then it doesn't really matter where you go, as long as you achieve a 2.1 or something better (the higher grade, the better for your future!), so go to the one you like the most :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Scotland Yard
They're both BPS accredited, which is the essential thing a psychology degree must have. And since they're both BPS accredited, then it doesn't really matter where you go, as long as you achieve a 2.1 or something better (the higher grade, the better for your future!), so go to the one you like the most :smile:

I’m sorry what does bps accredited and achieve 2.1 what?
Reply 3

And so any of those good for psychology then like both of them are as good?
I’m sorry what does bps accredited and achieve 2.1 what?

BPS - British Psychological Society. BPS accredited basically means you can go on and do further study and training and eventually legally work as a psychologist. If your degree isn't BPS accredited, you can't do any of those things, and so the degree would be a touch useless. But since both of the universities you mentioned are BPS accredited, you don't have to worry.

2.1 is a grade you get at uni. It works a little bit differently than school. Grades at uni go, from highest to lowest, 1st, 2.1, 2.2, 3rd, and fail. 2.1 is 60% and above - you basically want to get more than that in your degree, else you don't get the BPS accreditation. Might sound scary at first but it's very feasible, I promise!

Does this clarify things? :smile:

And so any of those good for psychology then like both of them are as good?

Pretty much!
Reply 5
BPS - British Psychological Society. BPS accredited basically means you can go on and do further study and training and eventually legally work as a psychologist. If your degree isn't BPS accredited, you can't do any of those things, and so the degree would be a touch useless. But since both of the universities you mentioned are BPS accredited, you don't have to worry.

2.1 is a grade you get at uni. It works a little bit differently than school. Grades at uni go, from highest to lowest, 1st, 2.1, 2.2, 3rd, and fail. 2.1 is 60% and above - you basically want to get more than that in your degree, else you don't get the BPS accreditation. Might sound scary at first but it's very feasible, I promise!

Does this clarify things? :smile:

Pretty much!

Thank you so much for your reply and help I needed that and so both uni I applied to are bps accredited? It’s because I also applied to cardiff uni but I know I most likely will get accepted so I have cardiff met and usw as my second choices
Thank you so much for your reply and help I needed that and so both uni I applied to are bps accredited? It’s because I also applied to cardiff uni but I know I most likely will get accepted so I have cardiff met and usw as my second choices

No problemo, and that's right, they're both BPS accredited (Cardiff is accredited too) :smile:
Reply 7
No problemo, and that's right, they're both BPS accredited (Cardiff is accredited too) :smile:

Thank you so much again I’ll just go with my gut

Hello there,

Congratulations on your offers!

Have you visited our campus already? If not then you can book on the applicant day on the 27th April via [email protected] and you will have a chance to attend campus tour, accommodation tour, course talk and speak to the academics.

If you wish to speak to the academics, you can contact the programme director, Dr Amie-Lousie Prior via [email protected] and they will be able to answer some course specific enquiries you may have.

You can also contact us via [email protected] and we are more than happy to assist you.

Cardiff Met Admissions.😄
Reply 9
Original post by CardiffMetRep
Hello there,
Congratulations on your offers!
Have you visited our campus already? If not then you can book on the applicant day on the 27th April via [email protected] and you will have a chance to attend campus tour, accommodation tour, course talk and speak to the academics.
If you wish to speak to the academics, you can contact the programme director, Dr Amie-Lousie Prior via [email protected] and they will be able to answer some course specific enquiries you may have.
You can also contact us via [email protected] and we are more than happy to assist you.
Cardiff Met Admissions.😄

Hi thank you no I didn’t but I replied to my offered and accepted cardiff met I can’t wait to start
Hi thank you no I didn’t but I replied to my offered and accepted cardiff met I can’t wait to start

What a great choice! We can't wait to see you around the campus!

Please let us know if you have any questions, and we will be able to assist you 😄

Cardiff Met Admissions.

Quick Reply

Latest