The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff vs Sheffield

Hey guys, I need opinions if either Cardiff uni or Sheffield for biomed. I am more leaning towards Cardiff since it’s closer to home ( I live in the south of England ) but Sheffield is looking promising. Any opinions on the cities?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hey guys, I need opinions if either Cardiff uni or Sheffield for biomed. I am more leaning towards Cardiff since it’s closer to home ( I live in the south of England ) but Sheffield is looking promising. Any opinions on the cities?

My niece studied at Cardiff abd loved it - her parents still visit the city as they loved it.

Sheffield town centre is a bit rundown - a friends lives on the west of the city and rarely goes into town.

I would advise visiting both if you can.
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Muttley79

My niece studied at Cardiff abd loved it - her parents still visit the city as they loved it.

Sheffield town centre is a bit rundown - a friends lives on the west of the city and rarely goes into town.

I would advise visiting both if you can.

Ahh that’s nice! What did your niece study? Unfortunately I’m out of the country and won’t be able to visit them, I wish I did it before!
Reply 3
Ahh that’s nice! What did your niece study? Unfortunately I’m out of the country and won’t be able to visit them, I wish I did it before!

PM me and I'll say more -

Hiya,

I am Jivanthika, a second year computer science student from the University of Sheffield. In terms of the city, the university is a city campus so the buildings are all dotted around. This makes the city really feel like a student city. I love this aspect of it as it feels safer and there are a lot of student discounts that are available because of this. We have a wide range of independent shops, cafes and restaurants as well as many food markets. The balance in Sheffield between the city and the Peaks was something completely new and refreshing for me as someone who is from the South. The fact that there are more trees than people in Sheffield really says something about the quality of air that is just different to home. Overall, I am incredibly glad I made the choice to go to Sheffield as it is a nice place to live in during your student years.

Let me know if you have any more questions,
Jivanthika :smile:

Hi there,

Although I don't study Biomed, I've had a few lectures in the building and it's a really nice space to study in! It's on the main campus in Park Place, just a few minutes walk from the city centre, near Bute Park and minutes away from where most the students live. This makes it a really convenient location to study.

Personally, I love Cardiff - to the extent that I've even written a travel guide on the city. There is so much to see and do and it's one of the most affordable cities in the UK which is great for maximising your budget. There are excellent transport connections to London, West Wales, and Bristol Airport for any city breaks (only an hour away).

I hope that this helps a little! Both Sheffield and Cardiff are great cities so you can't really go wrong with your choice.

All the best,
Jaz - Cardiff student rep
Reply 6
Hi! I've also applied to and received offers from both Cardiff and Sheffield for Biomedical Science! It'd be great if we could talk 🙂 I'm choosing Cardiff as it's not too far away from home and it is such a beautiful area. Hope to see you there!
Original post by mai0may
Hi! I've also applied to and received offers from both Cardiff and Sheffield for Biomedical Science! It'd be great if we could talk 🙂 I'm choosing Cardiff as it's not too far away from home and it is such a beautiful area. Hope to see you there!

Heyyy pm me!
Original post by mai0may

Please let me know if you have any questions surrounding the university.

Jaz - Cardiff student rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending