The Student Room Group

Will my extra funding still apply

I applied for a CPR at the start of this university year (September 2023) when I failed my summer resits, I was approved for an extra year of funding however my university rejected my appeal against being withdrawn.

Including the extra year, I have 4 years left of study (prev course was 4 years long). Will I still recieve the extra year of funding if I start studying elsewhere? All it says on the email is when I next apply for student finance they'll use it then.
Original post by Wolfe17
I applied for a CPR at the start of this university year (September 2023) when I failed my summer resits, I was approved for an extra year of funding however my university rejected my appeal against being withdrawn.

Including the extra year, I have 4 years left of study (prev course was 4 years long). Will I still recieve the extra year of funding if I start studying elsewhere? All it says on the email is when I next apply for student finance they'll use it then.

Hi there,

So have you only had 1 year of study all in? How many years would your new course be?

Thanks, Drew
Reply 2
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi there,

So have you only had 1 year of study all in? How many years would your new course be?

Thanks, Drew

Hi Drew
I have had 2 years of study in all, one a repeat year. As I understood it before the typical allowance is length of course + 1 gift year. So that'd be 5, minus 2 would be 3 but with the extra year it'd be 4 in total

The current course I'm looking at would be 4 years with a placement year or 3 years without
Original post by Wolfe17
Hi Drew
I have had 2 years of study in all, one a repeat year. As I understood it before the typical allowance is length of course + 1 gift year. So that'd be 5, minus 2 would be 3 but with the extra year it'd be 4 in total

The current course I'm looking at would be 4 years with a placement year or 3 years without

Hi there,

If your new course was 4 years then you would get the funding for the 4 years as you have been awarded Compelling Personal Reasons.

Thanks, Drew
Reply 4
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi there,

If your new course was 4 years then you would get the funding for the 4 years as you have been awarded Compelling Personal Reasons.

Thanks, Drew

I have some follow up questions
If I took a 2 year foundation degree , would I still get full funding for a top up degree with my circumstances?
Original post by Wolfe17
I have some follow up questions
If I took a 2 year foundation degree , would I still get full funding for a top up degree with my circumstances?

Hi there,

Is this a full time course? For any new course, you would apply the amount of years of that course + 1 year and then minus any years of previous study that you have. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending