The Student Room Group

International fees Student Loan

I have applied to study at University starting this September. I moved to the UK in June 2021, so by this June I would have been in the Uk for 3 years.
I know to be eligible for student loans in the UK you should have been living here for 3 years (hence why I didn’t go to Uni last year).

I am still, however, classified as an international student (until June 2027), so would I be able to get a student loan, and how would I have to pay back these loans?
Original post by evangeline$!123
I have applied to study at University starting this September. I moved to the UK in June 2021, so by this June I would have been in the Uk for 3 years.
I know to be eligible for student loans in the UK you should have been living here for 3 years (hence why I didn’t go to Uni last year).

I am still, however, classified as an international student (until June 2027), so would I be able to get a student loan, and how would I have to pay back these loans?

Hi there,

What Nationality are you? Where did you live before you moved to the UK? Do you have pre-settled or settled status under the EU settlement scheme?

Thanks, Drew
Original post by Drew SLC

Hi there,

What Nationality are you? Where did you live before you moved to the UK? Do you have pre-settled or settled status under the EU settlement scheme?

Thanks, Drew

I am a South African passport holder and I came to the UK directly from South Africa. I have a Dependent Visa and we are currently on pre-settled status.
Hi there,

Thanks, Drew

I am a South African passport holder and I came to the UK directly from South Africa. I have a Dependent Visa and we are currently on pre-settled status.
Hi there,

How old are you and do you have limited leave to remain?

Thanks, Drew
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi there,

Thanks, Drew

Hi there,

Thanks, Drew

Im 19 and yes, I do have limited leave to remain.

Hi there,

Thanks, Drew

Im 19 and yes, I do have limited leave to remain.
Hi there,

Unfortunately you would not be eligible for funding as you have limited leave to remain. To be eligible with this status you would need to apply for Long Residence and as you are 19 this means you would need to have lived in the UK for at least half of your life or 20 years (whichever is the least) without a break in residency. By the time the course starts in September you will have only been here for over 3 years.

Thanks, Drew

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending