The Student Room Group

Will i be able to qualify for a home student fee?

I'm an international student who has done their GCSEs in the UK, I will be doing 2 years of A levels and would have lived in the UK three years prior to my Uni course, Will i be able to qualify for home fee instead of international fee if i've stayed in the country for three years and is planning to say after my studies?
SFE don’t assess fee status. That’s done by each university that you apply to.

They’ll be following government regulations that are available on the UKCISA website.

Fee status isn’t just about residency it’s about your immigration status/citizenship too.
Original post by Mira Ahmed
I'm an international student who has done their GCSEs in the UK, I will be doing 2 years of A levels and would have lived in the UK three years prior to my Uni course, Will i be able to qualify for home fee instead of international fee if i've stayed in the country for three years and is planning to say after my studies?

Hi Mira,

The Tuition Fee Loan is usually the same for home and international students, however the Maintenance Loan can only be awarded if you qualify as a home student or under any of our exceptions if you meet the criteria. If you are able to confirm your nationality and status in the UK, I will be able to provide further guidance in relation to what you may be eligible for.

Thanks, Clare
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi Mira,

The Tuition Fee Loan is the same for home and international students, however the Maintenance Loan can only be awarded if you qualify as a home student.

Thanks, Clare

It's a little dangerous to imply that international students are eligible for a tuition fee loan. Some non-UK nationals are eligible if they meet immigration status and residency rules but it's not a blanket situation. The vast majority of international fee payers require a VISA and aren't eligible for any UK student support.
Original post by PQ
It's a little dangerous to imply that international students are eligible for a tuition fee loan. Some non-UK nationals are eligible if they meet immigration status and residency rules but it's not a blanket situation. The vast majority of international fee payers require a VISA and aren't eligible for any UK student support.

Thank you for your feedback, I have reworded my reply to ensure my replies are clearer. Hope you are having a lovely day :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending