The Student Room Group

About a levels

How’s edexcel maths only answer if you have completed this a level and finished year 12 and 13 so can have advice because I can see very complex equations which traumatise me I’m ngl very complex also thoughts on psychology how much math is in it aqa someone who has finished both years???
Original post by Brianstudy01
How’s edexcel maths only answer if you have completed this a level and finished year 12 and 13 so can have advice because I can see very complex equations which traumatise me I’m ngl very complex also thoughts on psychology how much math is in it aqa someone who has finished both years???

Hey I did Edexcel maths and ngl I loved it despite it being my worst A level subject. Managed to get 5 marks off of an A* and revised it with ease. There aren't a lot of crazy equations ngl and the formula booklet is a big help. I did pure, stats, and mechanics and honestly if you simply did a lot of past papers, you will get through Edexcel Maths perfectly fine. With a little help from YT walkthroughs and class notes, learning some tricks on your graphing calculator, and really understanding the basics and the question types, you should be all good.
Reply 2
Original post by Tulipbloom
Hey I did Edexcel maths and ngl I loved it despite it being my worst A level subject. Managed to get 5 marks off of an A* and revised it with ease. There aren't a lot of crazy equations ngl and the formula booklet is a big help. I did pure, stats, and mechanics and honestly if you simply did a lot of past papers, you will get through Edexcel Maths perfectly fine. With a little help from YT walkthroughs and class notes, learning some tricks on your graphing calculator, and really understanding the basics and the question types, you should be all good.

Do you recommend me pick it if hate it at gcse
Do you recommend me pick it if hate it at gcse

Ngl it gets better after GCSE. I hated maths in GCSE and loved it in A levels so it really depends. It is a subject that requires practice throughout the year though. If you have other subjects that you are currently excelling in and would like to do in A levels I suggest you go for something else.

I studied A Level Maths Edexcel, I found the first year very enjoyable but the second year I found especially tough. In those days it depended on which units your school decided to take, though they don't have those any more. :moon:

Speak to your teachers about what the course involves. If you look at an exam paper now, having not learnt what the symbols mean, it will look complex and traumatising - that's why you don't just take an A Level exam when you're 15. (Unless you're an actual genius and/or unhinged.)

Quick Reply

Latest