The Student Room Group

Year 11 and 10 questions

Hey everyone I was just wondering if any year 11’s or 10’s have any questions about A-Levels. I want to make a YouTube video answering them. The questions can be anything ( I take bio chem and psychology so I can talk more in depth about these)
Reply 1
Maybe something about independent study and how much you would do and how you would carry it out,.
Original post by DavidAma123
Hey everyone I was just wondering if any year 11’s or 10’s have any questions about A-Levels. I want to make a YouTube video answering them. The questions can be anything ( I take bio chem and psychology so I can talk more in depth about these)

I would like to know a bit about a level psychology, like is it hugely difficult or interesting and what types of work you do in it. And for a level bio and chem, is it largely different to gcse bio and chem?

hey, I was wondering how long it takes to get adjusted to A-levels and start getting decent grades in tests (as I've heard lots of people get Ds/Es at the start of year 12 :frown:). Also how many free periods you would get roughly per week.
Reply 4
Original post by Frizzle16523
hey, I was wondering how long it takes to get adjusted to A-levels and start getting decent grades in tests (as I've heard lots of people get Ds/Es at the start of year 12 :frown:). Also how many free periods you would get roughly per week.

I will answer this in the video but to make you feel better not everyone gets D/E’s. My class has been averaging B/A the whole year and to be fair it’s not only our class. Personally I have been getting A/A* the whole year and I achieved this with YouTube videos and past papers. It’s very easy to get good grades if you put work into it. Per week I get roughly 15 frees. Per day I either get 1 or 2 but sometimes even 3 l. (That’s quite annoying as I have to stay in school the whole day for a period 5 lesson) . Don’t worry the transition is hard at first but you will get used to it quite easily😊😊
Reply 5

cool,i wanna study bio chem psych for a levels,so i would probably want to see questions being answered about it.whats ur youtube channel called?
also is it a waste of time to do pre a level work in the summer?
Reply 6
I will answer this in the video but to make you feel better not everyone gets D/E’s. My class has been averaging B/A the whole year and to be fair it’s not only our class. Personally I have been getting A/A* the whole year and I achieved this with YouTube videos and past papers. It’s very easy to get good grades if you put work into it. Per week I get roughly 15 frees. Per day I either get 1 or 2 but sometimes even 3 l. (That’s quite annoying as I have to stay in school the whole day for a period 5 lesson) . Don’t worry the transition is hard at first but you will get used to it quite easily😊😊

could you talk about what its like,how much studying and work is required for As/A*
im assuming you are a pre med student? for medicine,ive read a*s are required.
could you talk about how much work should be done in the first month in terms of revision,do you even need to revise in the first few months?
Reply 7
Original post by ambrxxn1
cool,i wanna study bio chem psych for a levels,so i would probably want to see questions being answered about it.whats ur youtube channel called?
also is it a waste of time to do pre a level work in the summer?

Hey I haven’t started my channel yet , I’m starting it next week but for your other questions about pre alevel work I do recommend it but not the whole summer. Read a bit into the first topic of all of your alevels a week before the year begins . This allows you to familiarise yourself with the content!
Reply 8
Original post by ambrxxn1
could you talk about what its like,how much studying and work is required for As/A*
im assuming you are a pre med student? for medicine,ive read a*s are required.
could you talk about how much work should be done in the first month in terms of revision,do you even need to revise in the first few months?

I will 100% include this. 😊😊 . (I am pre med)
•Can you talk a bit about the process of applying to 6th forms and when exactly do you decide what you want to definetly do for A-levels?
•(And if you went to a different 6th form than your secondary, then can you talk about that in terms of settling in to a new environment + new peers), if you stayed in your secondary, was that a choice you were always set on?

•Also is it true that A-level Chemistry is extensively different to GCSE and if so, how are the main ways that stand out to you in the difference? Would you recommend it to someone who just enjoys Chem at GCSE -since I'm slightly considering taking it for A-level but idk what I want to do in the future.

•What's your fav A-level subject?

Thanks for making this thread and I wish you luck with the start of your Yt channel! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest