The Student Room Group

48/50 A* EPQ Available for any help! :)

Just got my EPQ results, worked really hard for it. Does anyone want any advice or anything?? :smile:)
What was your title?
If you don’t mind.
Lol I’ll probably be referring quite often to this thread throughout my EPQ.
Reply 2
Original post by JakeTSR
What was your title?
If you don’t mind.
Lol I’ll probably be referring quite often to this thread throughout my EPQ.

Aha thats okay! Mine was "Should euthanasia and physician assisted suicide be legalised in Britain." I don't think what you do your EPQ really matters though, its more the way you evaluate and research your work that gets you the largest percentage of marks :smile:
what research did you mainly use??
Reply 4
Original post by pumpkin01
what research did you mainly use??

We were recommended to use as many research/academic papers as possible as these would be the easiest to analyse and support the reliability of. I also gathered some primary data by interviewing people with first-hand experiences or corresponding with important people to do with my topic. I don't think it really matters what research you do, as long as you have plenty of it and analyse it's reliability, coming to the conclusion that it IS reliable
How did you write in your log? Did you write in the same tone as you did in your essay (professional etc)? I'm aiming for the high grades and just wondering how much depth and what to write for each of the 'project reviews' in the log. Thanks for any help :smile:
Reply 6
Yeah I wrote very professionally in my log, and went into as much depth as I could. I sometimes even included things and processes that I didnt even go through just to find something to write about! :smile:
This might be a lowkey stupid question but with the production log, and the research you collect and write about do you have some sort of writing frame as such , when outlining the research you found. And in the planning review section I’m so stuck, do u outline when u will achieve things or ..??? I’m so sorry if this is such an incoherent way of asking something but if I don’t make sense don’t worry about answering 😅
Reply 8
No theres no specific frame to use! I suggest going on the AQA website and getting the EPQ mark scheme and just ensure you have discussed IN DETAIL each of the assessment objectives. If you have done this effectively that you are sorted! X
Reply 9
Original post by aylee_
Just got my EPQ results, worked really hard for it. Does anyone want any advice or anything?? :smile:)

wow!
are you able to show your logbook by any chance?
Reply 10
Original post by aylee_
Aha thats okay! Mine was "Should euthanasia and physician assisted suicide be legalised in Britain." I don't think what you do your EPQ really matters though, its more the way you evaluate and research your work that gets you the largest percentage of marks :smile:

Hi!
I'm also doing my EPQ on whether euthanasia should be legalised in the UK, would you be able to suggest any more points I could make? I feel like I'm being way too generic, I've got some religious views (Hinduism, Christianity and Judaism, as they were the ones I could find the most about), political views and the general public's views in the UK. I'm also looking at two campaigns, one for and one against, and adding some pros and cons of places where it is legal.
Tbh I've got more arguments for than against as well.

I appreciate you're not going to explain your whole EPQ, but just some pointers or anything at this point would be useful.
Thanks!
i’ve been told my epq is basically a mess. how do you structure each paragraph? and how many sources did you have?
Reply 12
Original post by aylee_

i want to do my EPQ on plastic surgery but do not know how to phrase my question and specifically about it is it possible could give any ideas ? my teacher said the question i kame up with is too broad and not that its kind of already answered like common sense etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending