The Student Room Group

EPQ

I was reading about called EPQ projects for A - levels and was just curious about how they work? Like if I had an idea for an app and wanted to build it with enough research put into it could I do that under the EPQ?
Reply 1
Yes you could. You can submit that as a 1000 word essay and an Artefact(which could be your app). The essay can include your research about the app or what the app is about. As long as you have enough research and evidence you can totally do that.
Another option is the 5000 word essay, however you can't submit an artefact with this one.
A compulsory part of the EPQ is recording every single thing you do, including things that went wrong and how you learnt from it. My school used ProjectQ to log our progress but other schools might do it differently. Also, you have to do a Presentation about your project, which is actually kinda fun.
If you want to know more about the EPQ you should ask your teacher and also check the exam board that your school is doing for EPQ. But overall, it's a fun experience(although very stressful) and I totally recommend you do it as it is something you can write about in your personal statement.
I hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending